Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Moto GP 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
i know you hear rossi and everyone else goes out the window, but please, be accurate
+500. Rossi Tunnel Vision.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM

I guess we'll have to agree to dissagree.lol Funny some of my post one of you didn't read right. The other see's nothing but Stoner. Good day guys.lol

Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 PM

I'm illiterate. I wrong mix words together all. I can agree to disagree. Watch Rossi continue to fail this year.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM

You guys need to start reading more of the Spanish sites and the italian sites. They are way way more in depth then what we read here. But the sport is viewed there like Football is here.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 PM

Conrice,

Yes do homework. The Ducati in 07 was a trellis frame bike. Something Ducati knows all to well. The bike being better now??? Ummm no they were in uncharted water's by using carbon fiber when they didn't know enough about it. Also the engine is being used as the stress member for Rigity. They are doing on the Pingale and it works. But that is a twin cylinder. Then they went to 3 different frame types to make the orginal fiber work.... but it didn't. Lastly end of the season they had a outside firm build them a twin spar frame....(not them). Then they had to modify to make things work. The bike improved but not enough. As for Rossi saying he couyldn't ride it?? Yes he did. He also along with Burgess asked for certain things done and in Rossi words " They are in the pipeline but not coming fast enough." Hence Ducati sold to Audi. Ducati is already 20% over its budget for the year. Hopefully Audi can help soon if not the pieline will even take longer. BTW Stoner commented some timeback that Ducati was very slow to his requests when he rode for them.

As far as Stoner developing the Honda?? He has a hand in it. So did Rossi very much so. As did Hayden,as did Pedrosa. Honda doesn't start 100% fresh with a new rider. They collect data from what work then to even now to keep improving. Ducati really never had the level of riders Honda has had,so developing .... they are.

Do I think if a kid starting watching racing today know who Rossi is?? Yes hes right now the 13th highest paid athlete in the world. Stoner isn't even in the top 25. No I don't hear Rossi and everything goes out the window. I do however know the equipment and the financial situation that Ducat is in is not helping Rossi. As Hayden gets better starts and finishes Rossi is hard at work continuing different parts that Hayden is not making Rossi sometimes fall backwards more. Hayden is not the development rider Rossi is. Put Rossi on equal equipment to Stoner or Lorenzo and the battle would be on. Till then we have a factory team.....yes a factory team that is having very very difficult time beating two non factory team's (Tech 3 and Gresini) that have not same quality of riders that Ducati has. Rossi I hope improves the bike. If he leaves I hope he owns his own team with the Coke a Cola sponsor. That might leave tech 3 without Monster Energy,seeing that Coke is in talks of purchasing Monster as I type this. I'm not in a arguement with you and don't want you to feel that way. I read alot from other sites... spend alot of time at the GP's. Hoping to fly out to the Texas GP next year. Unless it stays boring like it is now. Geeez AMA is quite entertaining right now you have to admit. But seriously just a very passionate race enthusiast.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

dude, you know i'm not stoner-vision. if anything (and you know this from all these discussions) i'm a Hayden fan - first and foremost (not that i've told anyone on here or anything, but my daughter's name is hayden lynn staley- so no, i'm not a fan or anything)

i was a huge fan of stoners though, when he was on the satellite honda rc211v, and when it was him vs pedrosa in 250s.

he was the under dog then. his family sacrificed everything for his dream. he worked hard for everything he's got.

i love those stories. you can't beat them. and i'm sorry, now he's dominating. at estoril, i was hoping for lorenzo to win. and at qatar, i was thrilled that he finished 3rd. so are you convinced i'm not stoner visioned yet?

but you said "stoner hasn't proved anything to me yet"

and to that i say "really?" it should. he sure has proven to me that he's one of if not the current best.

stoner took the "design-flawed/cannot-fix" ducati to a championship and now is dominating on another bike too. i doubt rossi will do that. rossi knew that the yami had potential - he wasn't saying "what the hell did i get myself into" after the first test ride at yami. but he's said that about the duc. everyone labeled casey stoner a complainer when talking about lack of front end feel. rossi acts like its a death trap to try and race and everyone feels bad for him. not me.

and look man, i read up on motogp.com, all the euro mags, roadracingworld, and i can use google as well. my opinion comes from everything i have seen and read.

not to mention, i'm watching the races...

Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BadS1
Conrice,

Yes do homework. The Ducati in 07 was a trellis frame bike. Something Ducati knows all to well. The bike being better now??? Ummm no they were in uncharted water's by using carbon fiber when they didn't know enough about it. Also the engine is being used as the stress member for Rigity. They are doing on the Pingale and it works. But that is a twin cylinder. Then they went to 3 different frame types to make the orginal fiber work.... but it didn't. Lastly end of the season they had a outside firm build them a twin spar frame....(not them). Then they had to modify to make things work. The bike improved but not enough. As for Rossi saying he couyldn't ride it?? Yes he did. He also along with Burgess asked for certain things done and in Rossi words " They are in the pipeline but not coming fast enough." Hence Ducati sold to Audi. Ducati is already 20% over its budget for the year. Hopefully Audi can help soon if not the pieline will even take longer. BTW Stoner commented some timeback that Ducati was very slow to his requests when he rode for them.

As far as Stoner developing the Honda?? He has a hand in it. So did Rossi very much so. As did Hayden,as did Pedrosa. Honda doesn't start 100% fresh with a new rider. They collect data from what work then to even now to keep improving. Ducati really never had the level of riders Honda has had,so developing .... they are.

Do I think if a kid starting watching racing today know who Rossi is?? Yes hes right now the 13th highest paid athlete in the world. Stoner isn't even in the top 25. No I don't hear Rossi and everything goes out the window. I do however know the equipment and the financial situation that Ducat is in is not helping Rossi. As Hayden gets better starts and finishes Rossi is hard at work continuing different parts that Hayden is not making Rossi sometimes fall backwards more. Hayden is not the development rider Rossi is. Put Rossi on equal equipment to Stoner or Lorenzo and the battle would be on. Till then we have a factory team.....yes a factory team that is having very very difficult time beating two non factory team's (Tech 3 and Gresini) that have not same quality of riders that Ducati has. Rossi I hope improves the bike. If he leaves I hope he owns his own team with the Coke a Cola sponsor. That might leave tech 3 without Monster Energy,seeing that Coke is in talks of purchasing Monster as I type this. I'm not in a arguement with you and don't want you to feel that way. I read alot from other sites... spend alot of time at the GP's. Hoping to fly out to the Texas GP next year. Unless it stays boring like it is now. Geeez AMA is quite entertaining right now you have to admit. But seriously just a very passionate race enthusiast.
o really? then why the hell didn't they go back to that if they know it all to well. because vale didn't want it. he wanted spondon or whoever made it to make a twin spar

again, his fault.

you didn't read correctly, rossi's name shows up on the time sheet - so ya, i think a kid would know who he is. but would he have your infatuation with rossi - no... no he wouldn't

i mean, do you read what you're writing? "stoner has a hand on it - just like rossi, hayden, pedrosa" well ya, pedrosa does (he's still riding the damn thing!), but once again NO rossi doesn't and NO hayden doesn't.

and if hayden isn't doing anything as far as development, how come rossi openly admitted to going to Hayden's set up (from development) for estoril - and then admitted that it was working better than his (rossi's) development's had.

if you want rossi on equal equipement, write him a letter and tell him to race moto2...

good god man, when rossi does good - it's rossi - not anything else - when he does poorly (in development or a race) it's the sh*t equipement, not him. you do realize that ducati does have a bigger budget than tech3 and gresini right? they're satellite. so why are you arguing the money/financial part again. because there's no arguement there

and yes, i will also be trying to fly out to tx next year!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 AM

I think Rossi is the GOAT. But, like other greats, they do decline as they get older (Ali, Jorden, Schumacher, & Nicholas). Rossi could possibly do better with the CRT bikes, we'll have to see. Stoner if you look @ his career has been impressive. For the moment Honda & Yamaha have the better bikes in MotoGP. I guess for Honda, thats why they pulled out of AMA to focus on the Top Class. WSBK, the bike isn't doing well even though they got 1 win.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM

o really? then why the hell didn't they go back to that if they know it all to well. because vale didn't want it. he wanted spondon or whoever made it to make a twin spar

Thats called development. And the frame they got from a outside vendor was a attempt to improve on the end of the season last year. They zero to lose by doing so. The reason they didn't go back is because the bike was bad then...point blank. All other teams are twin spar.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM

you didn't read correctly, rossi's name shows up on the time sheet - so ya, i think a kid would know who he is. but would he have your infatuation with rossi - no... no he wouldn't

Do you have any idea how much revenue he brings to Moto Gp???lol

Quick Reply: Moto GP 2012