Road Racing Tell your stories here.

06 MOTO GP season

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 MOTO GP season

whats everyones take on the 06 Moto GP season so far?
just thought we needed a place to talk about anything related to the current season.
a few questions for thought

Will Rossi be beaten this year?
Will Rossi go to F1 next year?
Will Hayden get another win?
Thoughts on Pedrosa beating Hayden in his debut race.
Can Caparossi hold the points lead?
Will Kawi and Suzuki be competative this year?
Kenny Roberts Jr with Roberts Sr on a Honda.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Default RE: 06 MOTO GP season

Rossi is tough, I don't know if he can be beat for the championship, but I do think that Hayden will step up. Hayden needs to get a move on though. Caparossi will hang in there for a minute, but I think is going to be:

Rossi
Hayden
Melandri/Pedrosa
Caparossi

If Pedrosa can keep his bike tuned and get good free practice time he will be competitive.

I don't think Kawi and Suzuki have the riders to be competitive.

Once Hayden gets a win outside of the US his confidence will build and he will be dangerous.

Good season ahead. Look forward to some more race talk.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:57 PM

here is what i think. i think caparossi will beat rossi for the title, and just becuse hes ahaead right now either. hes very hungry for it and he has the experience and the bike to do it this year. hayden is the ****. that being said i think hell be in the top five but not as high as you have him. i think pedrosa is the next prodigy to race in GP. i think Suzuki has had and still has the riders to be competetive but thier bike is not up to par. they wasted roberts jr, evan though he won a championship with them. and hopkins had so much potential and still does but is being wasted on the suzuki. kawi is getting much better. they just started GP racing only a few years ago and look how far they have come. kawi is on the rise. and on a final note i hope hayden and pedrosa and all the honda riders kick a** in turkey next week.

Whats anyones thoughts on Biaggi not having a ride this year?

And what about telefonica pulling out all its support?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM

We'll see. Post up after the race.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Rossi will be beaten when it comes to an individual race or two but I'm not going to bet against him when it comes to him winning the championship. In fact I predict Rossi will win the championship then go to F1 in 07. I definitely believe Hayden will win at least a couple of races other then Laguna. He has the confidence for it he just needs to get more experience on the Moto GP circuit tracks. Keep in mind most of the top Moto GP riders grew up racing on those tracks and this will be Nicky's forth year and we should start to see some great results. Track familiarity is why I believe Pedrosa beat him in Jerez. I'm not sure of the total count but I bet Pedrosa has raced on the Jerez track more then a few more times then Hayden. This also goes back to why Rossi is consistently winning over Hayden and why Rossi didn't win at Laguna. Hayden, and Edwards for that matter, knows Laguna like Rossi and many other European riders know the European and Asian tracks. In reference to Capirossi or Biaggi, I am to new to new to the sport to be able to comment. I think Suzuki and Kawasaki both have competitive bikes. I wish there was a way to put Rossi on either one to prove it.

I love Moto GP, WSB and AMA road racing for the performance and the personalities but I also love the politics and business aspect. If you like to keep up on all that too read Road Racing World and Technology if you don't already.

One more thing, when posting fresh race info keep results or detailed info out of the Subject line. The reason for this is to avoid ruining it for those of us who want to watch the race on Speed not knowing what is about to happen.

Thanks,

Old 04-20-2006, 06:45 AM

I totally agree with 05Tribal on riders doing better at the tracks they know better. So by your idea of kawi being competitive this year and drivers dominating home tracks, are you saying Nakano will win at Motagi in Japan? Will Stoner win in Australia?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Leif
So by your idea of kawi being competitive this year and drivers dominating home tracks, are you saying Nakano will win at Motagi in Japan? Will Stoner win in Australia?
Good point. I am looking really looking forward to find out.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:12 PM

I like Hayden but my vote for the season is with The Doctor.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:38 AM

Rossi is the best racer to ever grace a motorcycle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4965/0F4F1D95CF4041D99A12C45B5BEBED9F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4965/04046BF00582469B8F96FE931C653376.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4965/B2A19EEFEE394CB6A76F04059AA57BFF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4965/BC0A26F876BC4812AB3D6AA110E10951.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2006, 05:42 AM

I agree with everything you said except that Rossi let Hayden and Edwards win at Laguna. That thought is totally ridiculous. I might believe he let them win if was racing in a race series just to get track time and not trying to win the championship. Come on, I don't care how good of friends the racers are, business is business and considering the amount of many Yamaha spent on helping prepare Laguna and with it being their 50th anniversary they including Rossi did everything they could to win that race. Back off the Rossi crack and join us back in reality.

Quick Reply: 06 MOTO GP season