Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Thanks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks...

I had a fun commute on my way home today and a bunch of random coincidences just happened to coincide at the most random moment.

I was rounding a pretty blind corner luckily at a pretty slow speed when I noticed my tires losing grip and my rear kicking out on me, then I notice my bike goes dead quiet (my engine had shut off), then I notice two large trucks parked on the road at the end of the corner, then I notice my rear tire has locked from the combination of my engine shutting off while in gear and my rear brake being applied.

Everything from adjusting my weight to center, keeping constant pressure on my rear brake, adjusting my front brake to regain traction, and not panicking is all thanks to a lot of the constructive posts on here. If this was in the middle of last year, I would have probably clutched, let go of my rear brake, slammed my front brakes, and tried to use my body weight to swing my bike out of the lean angle.

I'm sure it looked pretty cool from the outside, aside from having a slight flat spot on my rear tire and being a bit ticked off at the situation, it was a pretty fun experience. I know everyone here will promptly recommend I take MSF, as soon as I am back in the states and the option is available I will.

I still don't know what made my bike just randomly shut off, the remaining 15-20 minutes of my commute went fine.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pucker-factor 10+ huh?!?!? ;-) Glad you saved it.