Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Hardest technique to master?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Misti
If you experiment with your body position you should be able to find a way to minimize how much you have to grab the bars. Try a few different positions while the bike is on a stand and see what one affords you the ability to be as relaxed as possible. At the California Superbike School we get our students to jam their outside knee into the tank (stomp grip helps as you mentioned). If you do a calf raise with that outside foot it helps to get your let together into the tank with better grip. From there, if you hang half a butt cheek off and work on brining your upper body over to the inside you should be able to let go of the bars completely and just have your outside knee/leg anchoring you. The more stable your lower body is the more you will be able to relax your upper body.
stomp grips are definitely worth their weight in gold. that alone made me feel 10x more comfortable hanging off.

But do you have any critiques based on this?

Name:  14311404_10205933880940950_2134188832412508672_o_zpsbahgbfgl.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  85.3 KB

im all the way to the back of the seat, ***** of my feet are toward the center of the pegs, if i keep them on the ends then i tend to drag my toes.
i feel like my head should be lower?
thanks for any input.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:22 PM

wheelies, I cant for the life of me grasp the concept of let clutch out and grab some gas lol

Old 11-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCanuck
wheelies, I cant for the life of me grasp the concept of let clutch out and grab some gas lol
What happened when you tried?

Old 11-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011
stomp grips are definitely worth their weight in gold. that alone made me feel 10x more comfortable hanging off.

But do you have any critiques based on this?

im all the way to the back of the seat, ***** of my feet are toward the center of the pegs, if i keep them on the ends then i tend to drag my toes.
i feel like my head should be lower?
thanks for any input.
I can't seem to open your photo....can you re-post or send to me in a PM?

You want to be in a position where you are most stable with your lower body so that you can keep the weight off your arms/hands. From the back of the seat is your knee/thigh able to press into the tank and hold your body stable? What if you moved forward an inch or two? What happens if you do a little calf raise with your outside knee? Does it push that knee tighter into the tank?

Looking forward to seeing your photo

Old 11-04-2016, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Misti
I can't seem to open your photo....can you re-post or send to me in a PM?

You want to be in a position where you are most stable with your lower body so that you can keep the weight off your arms/hands. From the back of the seat is your knee/thigh able to press into the tank and hold your body stable? What if you moved forward an inch or two? What happens if you do a little calf raise with your outside knee? Does it push that knee tighter into the tank?

Looking forward to seeing your photo
seems that photobucket is down right now.
But yes, im able to keep my body stable. Ill have to try the calf raise sometime and see what it does.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:35 PM

I can see the photo now and it looks awesome! I have no critiques based on the photo alone and if you feel like you are stable and things are good then there is no real reason to change it. You mentioned that you think your head should be lower.....Why do you think it should be lower? What could that help with? What would lowering your head and upper body forward and down do for the bike?

Misti

Old 11-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He feels like his head should be lower because he makes the bike look diminutive- LoL

He looks super stable to me...but he's going really slow....like he's frozen in time. :-)

Old 11-22-2016, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jaybird180
He feels like his head should be lower because he makes the bike look diminutive- LoL

He looks super stable to me...but he's going really slow....like he's frozen in time. :-)
That might be it! haha
I wish i could find the picture, but while in High school my uncle gave me a CB 175. Riding it in a gorilla costume would have been appropriate!

and thanks for the input misti!

Old 11-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you see through your visor in the tucked position? I wonder if your helmet is sized correctly for you.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:31 PM

tucked i could see through it fine. on long sweepers i had a little trouble, but i got a deal on a new helmet and the top of the visor is about 3/8" higher up, so that should take care of that.

Quick Reply: Hardest technique to master?