Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

What are a good pair of boots

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are a good pair of boots

I am tires of wearing out the tops of my everyday boots so I am looking to buy a pair of motorcycle boots. I am looking for a boot that is good on the bike but is also good to walk around in. When it comes to boots I have no I idea what to get.....any help?

Old 08-03-2006, 04:24 AM
Default RE: What are a good pair of boots

Also how do the sizes run? Are they the same as a military combat boot?

Old 08-03-2006, 05:16 AM

ummmm have you done any searches on here for boots or best boot or riding gear? I have been looking at posts about boots for 5 days now and there is a ton of info on this forum. I'm new here so I'm not trying to be an ***, but I have seen a lot of the same questions over and over. Also look at motor cycle review for peoples opinions on many specific brands and models. So now that I have bitched a little I'll try to answer your question. I have decided based on some of the things that I am looking for in a boot ( comfort,protection,style(not looking like a power ranger at work),good reputation,decent price) that I am going with sidi strada evo airs. I think the sizing probably varies quite a bit in riding boots, the same as it does in street shoes. I have shoes from 9 1/2 all the way to 11 that all fit pretty much the same, from different manufacturers. Also, everybody has different opinions on what is "the best" and they all have reasons why, thats why I chose to do research for myself.

P.S. this will be my first pair of riding boots also so I was just as confused as you probably are, good luck.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:45 AM

[hr]
I have the Sidi Vertigo Race Boots and I love them. Light, comfortable, good protection, and great quality. I also have a friend that wears Sidi & feels the same. Check them out at New Enough.
[hr]

Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 PM

Sidi all the way. I have the Vertebra II and they're awesome. When I have money to get a new pair it'll definately be another pair of Sidis, hopefully the Vertigo Race. I can wear jeans over mine and you can barely tell what that they're riding boots.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sidi's !!!!!!!! I've got verts and corsa's... Love'm!!!!!!! Oxtars, run abit wider, many rightfully love there A-stars too. Nothing wrong w/ less expensive boots like strart up's, check new enough leather. com, they just had gaerne's for half of retail... check there ebay close outs too. Bike boots tend to run a bit narrow... be for warned!!!!!! I got my corsa's for 225$ virtualy NEW!!!!!!! Lots on ebay. Check your local dealer for a screamer deal, mention its sort of late in the season... OH, a little silicon spray will help, w/ that vertabre "squeeek" !!!!!!!!!!!!
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-03-2006, 09:11 PM

+1 on the Sidi's. I got the B-1's and I like them, although I LOVE my brothers Vert Corsa's. VERY adjustable and comfy for all weekend riding and walking. And all the parts that would hit in a get off are replaceable. Cant beat that. He got his for 250 or so off ebay too. I wear 10.5 in shoes and have the 11 version of the B-1 and it's perfect.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 PM

I also went with the Sidi Strada Evo Air. Great boot and not too flashy. Super comfortable.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Sidi Vertebra Race. (mine are black)

I love them. And I snapped them up on Newenough's closeout for a steal.

If I had to buy now I would go with the Sidi Vertigo. The Vert Corsas are a little expensive for me, but there is no denying that they are the shiznit. If you need something a little cheaper then look at the B2.

If they have your size, I would grab a set of the closeout Vertebra Race: http://www.newenough.com/sidi_verteb...boots_page.htm The may be last years boot, but the protection rocks!!

I laid my bike down in the grass at speed. I am not sure how badly I would have been injured without the boots, but I was wearing them and didn't feel a thing.

They are also comfortable walking off the bike. That is something you cannot say about most road race boots. They also go good with jeans and most non-riders don't notice them. Riders usually comment on them.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:47 AM

Sidi boots look cool, but every pair I tried on pinches...I wasn't impressed...but they sure look cool.

I've had a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus boots and they are hands down the most comfortable boot I've ever worn...they felt like a pair of my favorite comfy slippers right out of the box; although, some of the Astars boots squeak which is easily fixed with some lube.

The big difference I like about the Astars boots is the metal slider on the heel...it just looks like it would work better than Sidi's design...I've never crash tested a pair of Sidi boots, but I know for a fact that the Alpinestars slider works!

Any way...I just had to represent the Astars SMX Plus...great "bang for the buck" and a very comfortable, protective boot. Final note...I have the Alpinestars Supertech boots for the track and I honestly like the cheaper SMX Plus boots better.

Sidis sure look cool:

Here's the Astars slider, compare and what difference do you see?

Quick Reply: What are a good pair of boots