Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

What does everyone wear for winter gear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What does everyone wear for winter gear?

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

That cold air is good for 10 hp ha ha ha.

Damn Right it is!!!!

Feels Hella fast when your fingers are gonna snap any second cos your freezin cold, I ride all year also with similar precautions but we`ve had mild winters the past couple o years so its been a doddle, i couldn`t go that long without my `fix`

Old 10-17-2005, 05:57 PM

full Dainese leathers, put the liner back in the jacket. I just ordered a Fieldsheer one piece suit similar to an Aerostitch, but much cheaper and it comes with an insulated liner that is removeable too. It will be very warm and water-proof as well.

Old 10-17-2005, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

Yeah, when winter comes around, i have to put the liner back in my Alpine Star T-stunt. And, if it's real cold, a long sleeve shirt under my jacket. Gotta love being in FL!!

Tylor
Hehehe, same exact thing I do. I put the liner in the T-stunt and I put on some glove liners under my phoenix gloves.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:02 AM

i wear my Dainese Monza w/ inner linning..Dainese Fairstarter gloves and a long sleeve thermal shirt...nothing for pants(maybe cuz i rather not feel any pain when i go down..hahha...*knock on wood*

Old 11-24-2005, 12:16 PM

Since gas prices spiked I decided to ride all year round. Last week I rode to work and it was 23F in the morning. I wear a Joe Rocket Meteor 4.o jacket with liner, and JR Meteor gloves, with cotton liners underneath when it gets that cold. I wear a pair of lined track pants over my dress slacks. I just bought a baklava at Target for $8, that should help alot.

Ed Teller
2002 F4i

Old 11-30-2005, 12:06 AM

i try to ride as long as it's dry out. been taking the bike to work in 25 degree weather lately. i wear joe rocket ballistic overpants over my dress slacks (very warm), jr jacket with thermal liner and a fleece vest under that, insulated gloves, and a half face mask under my helmet and i'm good to go! my co-workers give me slack about riding to work in this weather. they just don't understand that riding is ADDICTIVE!

Old 12-31-2005, 02:51 AM

Long Johns
Old Navy Fleece shirt
Thick socks
Teknic Sirocco Textile Pants
Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket
Ski Doo Balacava
External fleece neck warmer (for super cold days)
Reima snowmobile gloves

The important thing is to block the wind, so wind/water proof jacket is a must, same with the pants!

This is my first year with "real" winter riding gear and I use to do what the Florida boys joked about for Michigan winters!

Old 12-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the Joe Rocket Ballistic 6.0 jacket, a pair Ballistic 5.0 Pants and Ballistic 5.0 gloves. I went for about a 30 minute ride yesterday when it was about 36-37F and stayed very warm. I had a T-shirt and sweater on under the jacket and jeans on under the pants. If temps were below freezing adding a pair of polypropylene underwear would do the trick. I also bought some light fleece gloves for under the 5.0 gloves since they are really designed for wet riding not could weather riding. Having the option to remove the fleece gloves lets me ride with just the 5.0 gloves when weather is in the 40's.

I must also say that it had been about a month since I have ridden and it was AWESOME to get back out!

Now if we can just get some consistently dry days here in OH I could actually use this gear to ride to work in. When it’s wet out and temps are near freezing the bike says in the garage.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1341/F3C58C9C5B8C4E38AD8EBAE26404C795.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1341/E61F13082A7348109A091761F7A50541.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1341/C7DF6A30CF9C4E66B9CD64BB3C07644D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 PM

I wear Gerbing heated gear.

I have the socks, pants liner, jacket liner, and gloves. I wear my protective gear over the liners.

Depending on how cold it is, sometimes I get too warm and have to turn them off for a while.

I can't stand riding if my fingers and toes are icicles.

Gerbings Web Site

Old 12-31-2005, 09:00 PM

Just Moved to MI from Vegas so I invested in Joe Rocket Jacket, Pants, gloves and a set of Alpine Star Boots. Keeps me warm on those 30 degree days. Not to worry though I am selling the house so I can get away from this stuff called snow. Vegas here I come.

Quick Reply: What does everyone wear for winter gear?