Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Shoei X-11, boots and HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoei X-11, boots and HIDs

Ok, I have three questions, one of them isn't gear related but I wasn't sure where it would fit. The first is I am looking for a safe, light, cool and good looking helmet. I have pretty much decided on the X-11 as it fits my head nicely and comes down below my jaw bone. I really like the Blue Norick paint on the x-11 but I ride a Red/Black 954RR, so it might look goofy. However the black/red Norick seems to have the main color of tan, which sucks. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys had any thoughts on the x-11 or a competitors products. I tried on a Arai but it felt like it was too short and didn't cover my jaw, I am sure it did, but it was short. BTW if any of you have a top shot of the black/red Norick I would like to see it. I tried on the new Scorpion but my head shape must be wrong for thier helmet design. Also, I have checked out the prices and several places have good prices, such as helmet city, ride gear, helmet shop, helmet harbor, new enough, knee draggers, cycle gear, and metric bikes. Any opinions on where to buy from? I really like prompt shipping. I would consider other helmets, but Arai helmets are not for sale on the net. Shoei and Arai are the only two people have recommended to me. HJC, Nolan, Arai, and Shoei are the only ones readily available at dealers here.

My second question is about boots. I am looking for a good leather boot with a not too thick sole that doesn't scream out racing boots with colors and graphics. A little graphics would work, but I don't want anything crazy. Do any of you guys know a good boot that doesn't look too outragous. Weatherproof would be nice.

Part three is HIDs, do any of you guys know a HID kit that would work on a 954RR. I don't want the HID look, I want crazy bright and not too high of a consumption of juice. So, real HIDs are the way to go. Any kits??

Sorry for the long post.