Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Scorpion Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion Helmets

sportbiketrackgear.com definitely has some crazy deals on some EXO700s, I just got two more 700s from them in yesterday, great stuff.

as has been said, you need to try them on first. A good helmet means nothing if it doesn't fit right. I've seen guys with $500 helmets have the chin bar break their nose because the helmet fit a little too loose, its definitely no joke.

as for the helmets they are great, I can't say enough good about them. They're not the lightest helmet but they're light enough that I've never noticed it, the visors are anit-fog and they have the photochromatic visors available, venting is good, the liner is removable and replaceable with a different size if needed, and they are as good (quality) as much more expensive helmets. The main selling point is what you get for the money.

now for the most important part, how they crash... I've hit my head HARD on the ground from varying speeds with my EXO700s and I continute to buy them. After around 10 crashes with them, I have had 1 issue. My last crash, I got hit from behind and basically got launched like 8ft in the air and landed smack on my head on concrete. I had some bruising on my brain and some memory loss but nothing serious. With that kind of hit, I don't believe a more expensive helmet would have kept that from happening.

They have some good paint schemes, I only wear helmets with red on them and they have quite a few good ones to chose from. So far I've got the Raider (my favorite), Crackhead (don't really like it), Geronimo, Fury, and Burst. I just got the Burst (white/red) and it looks awesome, something a little different.

I've never used the 400s, so I can't really comment on those.
I've been wanting to get a 1000 and almost bought one but right now they only come in white, black, and blue so I'll probably wait until they come out with something I like. It looks like a cool helmet but I'm not too sure about the pump adjustment thing and I hear the inner visor thing makes the forhead area of the helmet bigger and the top of the main visor opening is lower so I'm somewhat concerned about it blocking vision mid-corner or in a tucked position, but again, I haven't actually tried it so I don't know that either will be an issue

Old 11-27-2007, 11:59 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. Specially you woody.
Im gettin a new 08 600RR with the Graffiti graphics. I was thinkin about getting a scorpion helmet Matte Black and taking it somewhere to get some maybe gray'd out or white designs on it.

What do you guys think?

Edit:Can I get to a photochromatic lens for an EXO 400 and 700?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM

link to Photochromatic visor for the 400 and 700

as for painting, it depends on how its done. As long as the painter doesn't have to sand or treat the helmet with any harsh chemicals, your good. Just make sure they don't do anything that will compromise the integrity of the helmet, which shouldn't be an issue for what you want done, just something to keep in mind.

If you want a full on paint job for the helmet, use someone that is experienced with painting helmets (preferably someone who paints them for racers to be sure they know how to do it properly)

Old 11-28-2007, 07:58 AM

Thanks again Woody. Im in the Virginia area, Im gona start lookin for someone that paints helmets. And Ill make sure to do my research before I let them have the helmet.