Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Scorpion helemts

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scorpion helemts

The word is getting out about this new product line from Lake Forest California.
http://scorpionusa.com/

I checked these out the other day when I was at a grand opening near Ortega. These things make you wonder because of the price, but ther are legit. Just picked one up for my GF and she absolutely loves the difference from her older HJC. Much more comfortable and also quieter. They have a kick *** antifog on their lenses. I couldn't make the thing fog at ALL. Also standard are the breath guards, which are unnessary with the anti fog. Shield change out time is about 15-30 seconds; a bit slower than my Shoei, but OK. Great looking helmet.
I recently went t look at Moto helmets as my Fox is getting old. I tried on all the new lines...Fox, HJC, Troy Lee, Scorpion, etc...
Damn !! the difference a scorpion makes. The absolute best fit and most comfortable moto helmet for sure. The best is the price...under $150 for either street OR moto. I picked up my girls Exo-400 for $130 after tax.
Think I'll be getting a moto and a street backup.

Old 02-13-2005, 06:22 PM
L8X
Default RE: Scorpion helemts

what kind of head shape do these helmets work best for?

Old 02-14-2005, 10:46 AM

You got me on that one. You'll have to ask them. I have a normal shape going on size 7 1/8. The guys I ride with all tried them on and no problems reported.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:24 PM

I've heard some good reviews about their helmets as well. Hopefully a shop around here will start stocking them. I'd like to try one on and see how it fits.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:16 PM

That seems to be the problem I run into. Hardly anyone has these in stock. They are just too new. However, out here in Cali, the order turnaround time is only 1 day. NICE.
I know the owner of a shop, and she just asked Scorpion for a couple to demo out for the weekends. This is how she is getting around having stock sit around. Anyone else know any owners might pass the word.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the exact same helmet for my '01 929RR y/b. The details you wrote are dead on. You almost sound like a salesman. To support your comments...everything you said is true. I have little to no external noise, the shield never fogs (although I ride in 30 degree weather), the graphics are off the chain, it has a sweat wicking system for quick drying for those that sweat a lot, removable padding for washing, super ventilation, anti-scratch hardened shield, quick shield changeout tool (10 seconds) and a price that was right around $130.00 for the EXO-400 or around $175.00 for the EXO-700. This helmet is a lot better than the Shoei i'm use to wearing. I truly...truly...suggest this brand of helmets for all two-wheeled vehicles...Scorpion!!!

Old 03-09-2005, 01:01 PM

Well I managed to try on a few of the scorpion helmets finally. I was in Daytona this past monday and they had a booth set up for bike week. They had a huge display set up with all their helmets. Lets just say I was quite impressed. I tried on two different styles and loved them both. The fittment was better then my HJC. They all have removable liners that you can replace with different styles. All of the lens are totally anti fog. You can't fog it up no matter what you do. Plus the price is awseome. For the money, it's an exellent deal. When I have some extra money, I might go ahead and pick up one as a spare or alternate helmet. If you get a chance to try one on, definatly do so.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:24 PM

I just got a 700....I LOVE IT the fit is grate. and the price was just right

Old 04-14-2005, 03:08 AM

Glad to hear that are offering a good quality helmet!! Good Luck with them!!

Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 AM

I got a EXO-400 octain and all i get is kick a$$ comments on how it looks. The only changes that i made was removing the "S" symbol from the front and changed the inner lining to match the tribal on the Octain. I LOVE this helmet!!! Just like the review i read, "There's no better helmet out there for the price. Tho, the only diffrence between a $600 helmet and a $200 helmet is $300"

Quick Reply: Scorpion helemts