Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

riding shoes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryM
I've been looking at a new pair of riding boots for a while now. I've gone back wearing my Timberland workboots on the bike. Steel toes and a good sole. They're waterprrof and comfortable as hell. What I"m missing most at the moment is a little more length to really keep the draught out. I can tighten the bottoms of my overtrousers as much as I like but when the temp drops to 0 and the wind meets you head on on a 40-50 mile ride it does start to get annoying if not uncomfortable.
The more protection built into a boot the better as far as I can see.
The problerm I have is that there are some damned ugly looking offerings on the shelves and they're not cheap so I'm hanging out for something that really turns me on in every way, um..... perhaps I should re-phrase that.....but you get my drift..... foot rest fetishists! I'll draw the line at stilettos though.
stilettos are awesome for us short guys!!!! and i have no problems getting my toes under the shifter ha ha.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I got a surprise when I lowsided: my heel. No biggie but I did feel an impact there.

That's when I figured out motorcycle boots aren't for ankle support Those Dainese have impact armor at the ankle and in the heel. My work boots are Tims and rated for all sorts of hazards. But the only impact protection is the steel toe. And tbh, those boots actually support my ankles better
Well the main ankle protection is the leather, as to not gring the ankle bone into the asphalt. And to help protect the ankle from being over extended if your toe grabs the pavement (which I've done n my boots saved my ****). But as many have stated they dont like the looks of the Sidi's or A* SMX's etc. But those are gonna be the best protection you can get.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep.. For the price of the $170 you'll be shelling out, I would go for a full on boot. I have the Sidi Vertigo's and they are a helluva good boot. Decent ventilation and very good protection. Hopefully I'll never have to put that statement to the test..

They are comfortable to wear all day, but some people dont like the look. I personally love it. I feel like Robocop.