Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Review: Cortech GX Air Series 2 Textile Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Cortech GX Air Series 2 Textile Jacket

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/prod...265&cat=25

I purchased the Cortech GX Air Series 2 jacket a few weeks back and so far I have been very pleased. I decided to buy this jacket after my Dad let me borrow his on a hot day this past summer. The fabric is very breathable without the liners. I was able to stay comfortable in the 80F degree California weather.

The jacket comes with two liners. One is a waterproof liner that also prevents air flow. The other is an isulated liner for warmth. While all the zippers and snapps can be frustrating when you just want to get on the road, the liners do their job very well. I was very warm and cozy on the freeway riding in 45-50F degree weather last week and I would imagine would be comforable in much cooler temps. My only complaint is that the inner snaps and zippers seem a bit shotty and might not last. One of the elastic loops that secure the insulated liner to the right sleve has already broken.

The leather pads on the elbow, shoulder and back areas are thick and non-intrusive. I like the fact that the padding on the back runs a bit long and protects your lower back when you're hunched over. The adjustable waist straps are also a nice addition.

Overall I would give this product a 8.5 out of a possible 10. One point deduction for the shotty liner fittings and a .5 deduction because I don't think it deserves a 9.

Oops <please move to product reviews section>