Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Perforated Leather Jacket

Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perforated Leather Jacket

I was rockin the Joe Rocket UFO for a couple weeks and I realized, I am not really doing enough as I should be to protect myself. So, I am going to purchase a leather jacket instead, for the added assurance. Does the perf leather jackets allow that much more air into the rider to justify purchasing one, or should I just purchase a regular leather jacket, with say, a zippered vent or two?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Default RE: Perforated Leather Jacket

It all depends on what weather you ride in. For hot weather, the perf helps, yes. However, if you also ride in winter you may want to make sure it has a vest/lining with
some insulation to it, otherwise you may find you want another leather jacket without the perf.
Perhaps ask local riders who ride all year, see what they can cope with ?

Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Coming from someone that rides in the winter as much as possible, I think the perf jackets are fine. My Icon Battlecry is perfed in the front and it is nice when the temps go 90........but the ling in it makes ita great riding jacket for the winter. We only get a few months of nice weather here. I ride when its 30-40 in the fall/winter, that kinda jacket is ideal.
LJ

Old 07-23-2007, 04:01 PM

I can't see myself doing much riding in the winter, I'm not as hardcore as maybe most of you guys are. Ohio winters aren't ideal for the most part. I would like to just get the leather jacket and be done with it, but being more of a serious rider these days, as compared to my teen years, I'd hate to be spending a few hours on the bike sweating my ***** off. As for other riders, they are few and far between around here. Most hate leathers, hate helmets, say they are for pussies who can't ride.....etc...which I brush off as stupidity. My riding is done from upper 40's (like this morning) to days when the ambient temperature hits 90+. Can anybody reccomend one jacket alone that would be ideal for these situations(I'm gonna check out the ICON Battlecry)? Thanks for all of the help. Also, my chest measures roughly 45 so I am guessing I should bump up to a 46(XL). for leathers?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 PM

The battlecry is about $600.00 Its the best jacket I have ever bought though. I have had several now (still own 2 others). Go an extra size up for leathers. I have mess jackets that are one size and leathers that are another. You can find that one on www.rideicon.com
LJ

Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Sweet jacket, but swinging 6 large for a jacket may be a bit out of my range at the moment. Will have to check out the used market for one. Thanks for the help guy.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 PM

Got the inside scoop. Only paid 370.00 for mine.
LJ

Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 PM

In Texas we have very little cold weather so I own a Joe Rocket UFO. Its perfect for hot weather and very reasonable in prize. For the winter I have a Arlen Ness and they are very insulated. Johnny

Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 AM

I have an Icon perferated in the arms and has vents that allow plenty of airflow. My AGV isn't perferated and gets damn hot.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 PM

I agree, the UFO is great in hot weather, plenty of airflow, but just being a mesh jacket, it doesn't offer much protection. The price is really great too. Lord, to find a deal like that I would be lucky, guess it paysto know people. Triax, does your ICON have a liner?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Perforated Leather Jacket