Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

New gear: T-Pro Forcefield back protector insert

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New gear: T-Pro Forcefield back protector insert

Stopped by Revzilla today. They didn't have what I stopped in for but I just can't leave the store empty-handed

I picked it over the Dainese wave g back protector for 2 reasons
  1. The Forcefield back protector exceeds CE 2 specification while the Dainese only met CE 1
  2. The Dainese protector was rigid, almost uncomfortable when I stretched out. The Forcefield protector became barely noticable only when I stretched out.

Getting Yolie has me upgrading my gear because she rides aggressive, regardless of whether I want to or not As quickly as she moves (even when braking), I figured more protection is needed as everything is happening much faster. And comfort is a necessity too. As gear that's uncomfortable, too cumbersome or unyielding, is gear that won't get used. The T-Pro they stuck in my jacket so I could ride out with it. And i don't ever see me taking it out.

For $100, excellent and must have

Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is a nice one.

When you get ready for track, you'll need to get a separate back protector to wear under your suit. The track/track day org will most likely require it (verify of course). If you think you're going to the track b/f long, you should go ahead & get one & get used to it, so it won't feel foreign when you hit the track. Last thing you need to think about on the track is your gear. I use the Spidi Back Warrior...& it looks like Revzilla carries it, among many others.