Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

my new helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my new helmet

HJC FS-15 carbon fiber
I am upgrading from a AFX fx-28--i think..I modular helmet

The pictures don't do it justice...it is very light...I noticed no drag when checking over my shoulder like with my other helmet...barely any wind noise and no whistling through the visor. The carbon fiber weave is pretty much flawless. Clearcoat....it looks like there is a decent coat but only time will tell....the first day I had it out I had a decent sized rock smach into my head that was kicked up from a truck..I polished the scratch out..good thing it came out. The visor keeps snug, and changing visors is very simple

My complaints about this helmet is for the price your paying for..the lense is not fog resistant and there isn't much adjustment with the visor...like the clicks to lift up the visor at various stages..the first click to make the visor stay up on its own is prety far up and blocks view.

THe pros are are ventillation...I didn't know what ventillation was until I got this helemt...I never felt the air run thru my old helmet...in this helmet I can definitly feel te air rushing thru the vents. It also came with a great helmet bag with some compartments for extra visiors and stuf...its good for storage but who is gonna carry their helmet around whil its not in use???its bound to get scratched. baby it for a couple of days. and let it go. Size fits tru to size to my knowledge of course..I've only owned a vega, afx, and HJC helmet and all fit nice in medium size.

so overall...light to te point u don't feel it on ur head while ur riding...it looks great. and produced by a repectable company...it reatiails for over 400...but if u search at the right sites..u can get it for as low as 280 ( u can pm me if u can't find it) Its a great helmet and should servve me years of protection

Name:  FS-151.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  48.5 KB
Name:  fs-152.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.8 KB

Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice lookin' helmet ya got there!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell yea I had thought about gettin a helmet like this but decided to go with a graphic icon helmet instead. Seems you have really made a big improvement with this helmet and your others, glad you are happy with it.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice helmet. I am in the market for a new one, so this may be it.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you wont be disappointed. def buy a new antifog lens. I wasn't feeling the pinlock inserts...it looks like it would distort your view