Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

mx-1 or rc-1??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mx-1 or rc-1??

i need some help. i've narrowed it down to the alpinestars jacket line. after reading many many threads and reviews, i've made up my mind that i'm heading in the right direction and will not be disappointed in alipnes leather. i was all set on the rc-1. i really like it. then i saw the mx-1. and for the additional 30 bucks is it worth it? i mean its 500 which ever way you look at it, another 30 is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. what are the differences? other than the color choices. i tried to compare them and i'm stumped. can someone help me? which one should i go for? thanks for your input.

also, is the extra RC back protector accessory a good idea to exchange for the regular one inside both jackets? does the jacket have a good one to start with or is it necessary to get the extra one? thanks again for the input.

here is what i'm talking about.
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--601187.html

Old 03-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Default RE: mx-1 or rc-1??

I have the RC-1 jacket in blue and it's pretty awesome. I love it because of the fit, the look, and the protection. I dig the speed humps. I got mine for $340, but that's because I knew a guy at the dealership. I don't use my jacket that much because I'd rather stick to my 1pc JR Speedmaster suit. I can't really say much for the mx-1 because I've never used it. My opinion is that you can't go wrong with either one of them. Look at the specs and choose the one that's better, or since they're both kind of similar you can choose the jacket with the better design that you like. If you can, try them both on and see which one fits you better.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

I have the RC-1 jacket in blue and it's pretty awesome. I love it because of the fit, the look, and the protection. I dig the speed humps. I got mine for $340, but that's because I knew a guy at the dealership. I don't use my jacket that much because I'd rather stick to my 1pc JR Speedmaster suit. I can't really say much for the mx-1 because I've never used it. My opinion is that you can't go wrong with either one of them. Look at the specs and choose the one that's better, or since they're both kind of similar you can choose the jacket with the better design that you like. If you can, try them both on and see which one fits you better.
i went ahead and ordered the blue, black, and white rc-1 jacket and it came today. it sure is a great jacket. nice fit and feel to it and much more protection than i had expected. much nicer than my previous textile jacket. there is no comparsion in quality. i did notice that the jacket rides up higher. maybe i was used to my joe rocket, it went down to almost the middle area of my rear pockets in my blue jeans. this one does not come close. i'm assuming its by design and when i get the matching pants they ride alittle high to connect the 2.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 PM

I have the same color jacket. Great jacket indeed...To me, the sleeve length is a little long. It causes discomfort when I put on my gloves. I probably have to wear everything in first.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

I have the same color jacket. Great jacket indeed...To me, the sleeve length is a little long. It causes discomfort when I put on my gloves. I probably have to wear everything in first.
i bought the new alpinestars gp pro gloves, and they fit right on the money with the jacket. same color combo and they look real sharp together. thanks for your help.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:16 PM

no problemo. I have the gp tech gloves. I like the new gp pro gloves. The new look is amazing! I was going to get those, but I found the gp tech for cheaper. Glad you found what you wanted, buddy.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the MX-1 and i found that the torso of the jacket is quite long when im seated on the bike. it is overall comfortable and looks great!