Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Mesh Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mesh Jacket

Just wondering if anyone uses one? Do you all think that they have enough protection? How well will it hold up in a crash? Is it even worth it? Thanks

J

Old 05-30-2006, 04:19 AM
Default RE: Mesh Jacket

If you live in a really hot area then I'd get one for sure. Not nearly as good so keep in mind you should pick up a leather for track and canyon days and just keep it under 80 when you wear the mesh. I'm sure you will get mixed opinions here but it will work better than no jacket which is what you will end up wearing most of the time if all you have is a hot leather.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:45 AM

Ive got both and swap them out alot...
Textile
Leather.
The leather is good when its gets down around 50 and the textile was great this weekend in the 90's without the liner.But some gear is better than no gear if you should happen to fall off..LOL...

Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a joe rocket mesh, and its great. i love the vents and the removable liner. however, i have seen some pictures of people who went down with them on, and they offer more than nothing, but at a high enough speed and enough pavement will shred the mesh to almost nothing. tis why i am opting for leathers. and we are about to hit 100 degrees already, only downside to leather.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:02 PM

I have a dainese Zentex mesh jacket with armour, I use it during the summer months for commuting in the city as its nice and cool, but leathers if I intend to go on high ways. Nother beats leather if you fall but its a trade off. In an ideal world a protective bubble would appear in the event of an accident. But in reality I have both and have to make a desicision due to weather and where I am heading to.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:04 PM

I use both, the textile is nice light and comfortable. Leather is way more protection but way hotter.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: alte22a

In an ideal world a protective bubble would appear in the event of an accident.
dont be so quick to assume

CLICK HERE

MOTOAIR - Cool Video about it here!

Old 05-30-2006, 07:35 PM

I have the best of both worlds: Technik perforated leather jacket. With the rear vents unzipped the air flows right through, nice and cool on even the hottest days. Plus it's thick leather with hard armor in all the right places. I love it, especially since I picked it up for $125 off the clearance rack!

Old 05-30-2006, 09:26 PM

I've got the Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket. It's one step above useless in a crash, but it's better than nothing.

If it's anything close to bearable I wear my leather gear (pants, jacket, gloves, boots) almost exclusively now. I feel naked without it.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:11 PM

I live in Arizona, so during the spring/summer months there really isn't any other option than a mesh jacket. This weekend, it's supposed to be over 110 degrees. There is no way that you can sit in traffic (lane splitting is not allowed here) in leathers.

Quick Reply: Mesh Jacket