Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

JACKET HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006 | 03:03 PM
Default JACKET HELP

I need to buy a leather riding jacket. Can you help me out on what to look for in a jacket and how much i should expect to pay..I want the top of the line. Who makes the best one? Thanks

Old 12-08-2006 | 03:20 PM
Default RE: JACKET HELP

What is the jacket going to be used for?

Top of the line? If I wanted best protection I could get then I'd be looking for a one piece suit.

What brand pants do you have? most brands won't connect to another brands pants.

Old 12-08-2006 | 03:24 PM

i dont have any pants yet...i just want a nice everyday riding jacket

Old 12-08-2006 | 03:28 PM

Click here for a very informative website. Use it for research.

And this one is another good source.

Old 12-08-2006 | 03:41 PM

How is ICON or ALPINESTAR

Old 12-08-2006 | 03:58 PM

ICON is affordable, good quality, and very stylish. I owned an ICON leather and used it for three years. It was great. Never had a problem with quality, comfort, or fit. I then, this past season, purchased a Alpinestar Leather which I love. I prefer the solid colors. Again, the fit and finish are top shelf. Both jackets come with the typical and expect padded and amour. You can't go wrong with either jacket/company.

Try and visit a dealer that may offer various different brands. Try then on... that may help you decided. Also, have a budget in mind, what color you are looking for, and certain features you must have. This will help narrow down the search.

Good luck!

Old 12-08-2006 | 04:02 PM

That's the best advice you can get. Go somewhere and try some, look at them, touch them. You can feel and see the difference in quality, the thickness of the leather, the quality of the stitching.

Check the local prices, get brands and models, then search on-line for the best price. It may be worth a little bit more to buy locally, but not a lot more.

Old 12-08-2006 | 04:04 PM

Just find a jacket that is heavy, armoured, well stitched, and fits you properly. If it's leather you'll pay a few hundred... you can spend more if you want to.

All of the brands make good jackets it you buy from their better lines ( more money ).

Best jacket? Again I repeat - best jacket for protection isn't a jacket it's a 1 piece... best jacket for protection is one you wear... and synthetic materials have come a long way - so if you're talking best all-season or best wet weather jacket, look at the synthetics.

Old 12-08-2006 | 04:14 PM

cool...thanks for all the help...i beleive i will go try some on....

Old 12-09-2006 | 02:50 PM

I have a Jordan racing team leather jacket that has treated me well, a bit pricey at $500 but serious protection. Otherwise there is a frenck company, furygan, who makes great stuff. Difficult to find and on the expensive side as well.

Quick Reply: JACKET HELP