Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gloves for cbr 600?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gloves for cbr 600?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the CBR scene. I'm planning to get a CBR 600 (I come from a ninja 250), I've read through the forums and heard about people dropping the bike and I dont want any injuries to myself or to the bike. I'm planning on upgrading my gloves. I'm currently using the cheap raider gloves, but came across the carbon gloves on amazon. They're $100 dollars off with top reviews. Has anyone have experience with these gloves? Does it give good protection in the case of a fall/small accident? How do they feel, grip wise?

Here's the link to them Amazon.com: CARBON KEVLAR Motorcycle Mesh & Leather Race Gloves L: Automotive

Thanks everyone!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:41 AM

Best to try on. But I would go with leather palm. Really any glove with a good palm. If not leather then something with 2-3 layers. Just don't use any old glove if you really want safety then go with all motorbike gear. And it's nice to look good and cool but remember safety first. And two pairs of jeans is not bike pants. Ride safe out there and remember to smile. Oh and if your just getting a super sport bike for the first time might want to look into insurance first. Wish you the best rubber side down lad

Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 AM

You can also always go try them on at a store then order they after you want a good fit. Well great luck to you lad

Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Get some real basic all leather gloves. I got some with reinforced palms for like 20 bucks from leather up.com. Your hands are important, if you're sliding for 100 feet after going down at 60+ you want to loose animal skin not your own

Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Old 09-25-2013, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by 02-F4i-SuperKax3
Best to try on. But I would go with leather palm. Really any glove with a good palm. If not leather then something with 2-3 layers. Just don't use any old glove if you really want safety then go with all motorbike gear. And it's nice to look good and cool but remember safety first. And two pairs of jeans is not bike pants. Ride safe out there and remember to smile. Oh and if your just getting a super sport bike for the first time might want to look into insurance first. Wish you the best rubber side down lad
Hhaha, thanks for the insurance tip. Would you recommend the gloves i asked about though? I want more protection than just regularleather gloves..

Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

I love these! They are amazingly comfortable and (sadly) I have tested the crashability of these and they work amazingly! The only reason I didn't buy them a second time is I wanted glove more akin to gauntlets. Otherwise, I recommend them over and over again!

Power Trip Grand National Gloves - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Old 09-25-2013, 07:50 AM

shouldnt be putting the bike down anyways,unless someone hits you, just be careful take it slow and dont panic brake.if you wreck you are probobly riding past your skill

Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had Alpinestars gloves that looked just like that. I rode with 'em until they were nothing but holes! They were great gloves. If it's a good leather, I'd go with 'em. But going up in bike size doesn't necessitate better gloves, 45mph on the asphalt feels the same no matter which bike you come off of.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Registered Users
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with CJardine on the powertrip gloves. Reasonable cost and overall good protection.

My second pair may last for years as they are backup duty now. I've also switched to a glove with more of a gauntlet. If powertrip made any I would use them.

My first pair of gauntlet gloves has lasted almost 2 seasons now (they were some AGV's that I found on clearance). My most likely next candidates are Heroic SP-Rs. Todd from Heroic is at the local track doing repairs often and everyone I know who's purchased gloves (or anything else from Heroic) has been very pleased (this includes people that previously swore by Held, A*, Revit, etc.)

While this sort of gear seems expensive, when you consider how long you'll use it and what it's actually doing it isn't that much. I've probably got 25k miles on my $70 gauntlet gloves.

Quick Reply: Gloves for cbr 600?