Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gloves for big hands

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gloves for big hands

I was looking for a good set of gloves but i have some pretty big hands does anyone know of gloves that come in a big size?

Old 08-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Default RE: Gloves for big hands

If you can find a store that stocks whatever size you need, I'd go try them on first, because sizing does vary from glove to glove and company to company. I have a pair of Alpinestars large size GP Plus gloves and the are smaller compared to my Alpinestars GP Tech gloves. I'm sure any manufacturer has the size that you need (unless you're Andre the Giant), just check the return policies before you order anything from the Internet.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ain't it a joy !!!!!!!! I generaly "break in" a set of xxl's as thats whats availible...But one time, in my insidious ferreting of huge gear, found a pair of ... ICON BARRIER XXXL. I love'm!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you, Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-12-2006, 05:42 PM

I'll have to try icon's i can't find any others that come in a XXXL.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM

you can try them 'hulk gloves'....

some may come feeling all tight and stuff but once you break them in and get them to fit your hand like second skin, you will love them...

so yea they gotta be snug to begin with or else they will end up stretching out way huge...unless you go kangaroo hyde, they don't stretch much at all.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
VP

where can you get those icon xxxl gloves? I've looked but I can't find!

Old 09-27-2006, 02:25 AM

Aw yes, back to ground zero... the endless quest for big human size!!!!!!!!! I found mine at a dealer this spring, only pair. I would punch up icon, and have a chat w/ the horses mouth. E-***, new enough leather.com... ask for christopher, the e-*** guy. Explain your delema... MERCY!!!!!!!. It's (as you know) hit or miss on finding this big boy stuff... keep at it, you'll hit a home run !!!!!!!!!!!
clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-27-2006, 03:40 AM

I have the 'big hand, small glove' problem as well.

I work in a laboratory and wear latex gloves all the time, and even with them i have to wear XXL, not because they cant stretch around my hand, its just I have long fingers and end up with a nice size pocket in between all my fingers.

Same thing happens with motorcycle gloves, well most motorcycle gear it seems, when I pick up a pair of large gloves they fit all right around my hand, just the fingers are too short and the glove ends up tenting nd acusing constant pressure on my fingertips, I pick up some XXL gloves and the fingers fit well but the palm area is too big. Its the same situation with jackets, I wear a 46 chest jacket but just about every jacket I try on is WAY to big around my waist, or doesnt go all the way down to my waist.

I found some First Gear gloves that fit me just fine in Large and have plenty of protection for ~$45.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 AM

JaS, I like your pic... but i have one word for you... DECAF !!!!!!!!!!!!, You mad scientist !!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore me... I'm the guy that was going to have my feet surgicaly "corrected", to fit in them dang'd Italian race boots !!!!!!!

First gear gloves run kind of "big"???... Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 AM

Chad,and all seeking a big size glove. I was rifle'n "new enough leather. com"... and low and behold, those Icon barrier gloges, in 3xxxl, are on sale !!!!!!!!!! retail-80.$... 33.$ !!!!!!!! These are the same glove I recomended, as Huge !!!!!! and a nice glove
Close outs- gloves, is the path. White or black. There a great warm weather glove... prolly be ok w/ a silk liner for a bit cooler, but they are a well ventalated glove.

Also... at new enough, in the "gloves- HELD" brand, is a "top of the line" winter glove. Breathable membrane, thinsolate, Pittards ceramic enfused palm for good wear. they come in a sz 12 too!!!!!!!! which, as you know... is our kinda size !!!!!!!!!! not on discount, but not too bad for an great glove 119.$ Held is a killer brand, up there w/ the best.

Hope you get the good deals... New enough, also has a E*** store, well worth checking regularly.
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Quick Reply: Gloves for big hands