Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gloves

Ok, for starters I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I had just purchased a pair of alpinestars sp-2 gloves, the fit me great, all except my ring fingers, I have to much finger tip room on my ring fingers of the gloves, has anyone else had this problem, or are my hands just messed up? Also would it be a bad idea to have the fingers shortened a hair by a professional tailor? Once again, sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot....

Old 01-10-2013, 01:55 AM

Unless they are causing a problem while riding / using controls etc, I would just accept the slight annoyance. But that's just me

Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 AM

The tips of the ring fingers catch on my levers if I'm not paying close attention, I imagine I will get use to it soon enough and then just adjust my habits

Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 AM

If you still have the receipt and you didn't get them that long ago, take them back and see if you can get a better fitting pair.

I bought some winter gloves the other month that were too small but I didn't notice until I was on a really long journey and my hands went numb due to lack of blood circulation. Definitely worth getting well fitted gloves

Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 AM

They're the right size cause this is the third pair, I returned the first two cause they were to bigs it is just the ring finger portions that are slightly to large

Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMercy28100
Also would it be a bad idea to have the fingers shortened a hair by a professional tailor?
Not a bad idea at all. Everyone has different shaped hands. Having them adjusted to your hands will make riding with them that much more of a pleasure.

Besides, it's easier than having your finger lengthened....

Moved to Riding Gear.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, different brand of glove comes in many variations...I have a pair of Chicanes new just sitting in my drawer because the thumb is freaking long...make me feel like I have a short thumb....but my icon fits perfect....

If its leather, give time to break in. But in your case...tailoring it is not such a bad idea.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM

Cool, thanks for all the input guys, I guess after I get them broken in if the fit is still the same for my ring fingers I'll get them tailored, I just wanted to make sure getting them tailored wouldn't jeopardize the gloves integrity or something

Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Most likely the leather will mold to your hands unless you bought the OS to begin with. Leather should fit snuggle....when I first got my icon overlord, I felt like OJ Simpson trying to fit into the gloves. Then give take a few rides later, perfect fit...if leather is tight, it'll stretch and mold thus breaking in... If its big to begin with...no.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most propably not if it`s done right. I have an old pair of RPM gloves (Finnish brand, also have RPM Boots) that has all the hard knuckle-fingerguard-palmshield and other stuff, but I bought them according to the color of my old jacket so they are black/orange/white, my new jacket is color coded to the bike so it`s black/red/grey and the gloves don`t match but I`ve had them for some years now and they have molded perfect into my hands and I haven`t had luck in finding a new pair (I`m reeeeally picky with my gloves) so I have stuck with them regardless.

Quick Reply: Gloves