Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Glasses and Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glasses and Helmets

I just had to start wearing glasses,and I was wondering if anyone else in this forum has had as much trouble as me getting them on with thier helmet?I've tried every way I can think of to get the damn glasses on,but always wind up just sticking them on somewhere close to my ears after the helmets on.I wear a full face Arai and a full face Cirrus.Any idea's?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Glasses and Helmets

Get prescription lens goggles if you use 'em. Otherwise, I use tinted goggles sometimes *shrug*

Old 09-15-2006, 05:51 PM

I have an ARAI helmet, wear my glass all the time. put the helmet on, then slide the
glasses in over my ears, sometimes I have to take a finger
and push the arm down over the ear, but never considered it a hassle.

just remember to take them off before the helmet.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw, yes a continued "joy" since five yrs old... Four eyes !!!!!!!!! Sorry, welcome to the club !!!!!!!!!! Ain't it great????, being able to see?????
Ok, helmets... Hold your specs down buy your chin, and tip the ear pieces toword the tip top entry point, of your goal.. as you start in ,lift the specs up and roll the ear pieces over/in and down even endining up w/ your glass portion up high, untill the last push, onto your nose. Gosh, that sounded easy !!!!!! practice!!!!!!! do it in your house, so you arn't embarassed to look like a dork, if you screw up, we all have... It will become second nature and a zen exercise. Ok... curved ear pieces are drag, eh??? see if you can get some straighter ones... easy'r in. sometimes, a dimpling of the helmet pading, in a sraight line , right at earpiec hieght, will help... tap tap tap, check, tap tap tap, only in perfect path of the earpiece. There not so bad... I love the extra eye protection, when I lift my visor up. Clean and free, Ripp'n, the four eyes !!!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:52 PM

Well I finally got it down! I put the helmet on part way,then stick the curved part of the glasses at an angle and push them on while rotating them,then push the helmet on the rest of the way.Sounds complicated,but it's easy once you do it a few times.Works for either helmet.I'm just not used to wearing them under the helmet.I've still got to get used to turning my head more to see things at the sides clearly,but like I said ,I'm getting used to them........

Old 09-17-2006, 06:54 PM

maybe my idea is expensive-get a pair of wire frames-you will barely feel
them going on!!-if after that-you still have trouble getting them on
your brain bucket is too small!!!
and also you can bend the wires very easy-depending upon your needs
hope this helps
o8

Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 AM

nah, just spring for the surgery. I had it done and I was wearing glasses since I was in kindergarden. Totally worth it...get it done over the winter wn u r not riding.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:36 PM

I don't wear glasses, but when I know I am going to be out after dark I will change to a clear sheild and wear sunglasses. No problems for me. Just lid on, then glasses. The only problems I have are when I forget I am wearing them and try to take the helmet off first.