Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

fogging helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.locox.com/Street-Bike/Mot...Insert-Pinlock

i got one of these visors for my helmet with the inserts shown they are flimsy yet durable plastic colored to suit and they are designed for no fog i have a couple different colored inserts they pop in and out in seconds and i have yet to get them to fog even in cold weather riding. i have an hjc helmet i believe joe rocket has them too other than that you could search around to see if they make em for your helmet unless you got a joe rocket or hjc then i would highly recommend getting this visor for it.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered Users

I have a scorpion helmet and I am so impressed with there anti fog on there visors !!! Not to product plug but my hjc was notorious for fogging, to the point I just gave it away

Old 02-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
http://www.locox.com/Street-Bike/Mot...Insert-Pinlock

i got one of these visors for my helmet with the inserts shown they are flimsy yet durable plastic colored to suit and they are designed for no fog i have a couple different colored inserts they pop in and out in seconds and i have yet to get them to fog even in cold weather riding. i have an hjc helmet i believe joe rocket has them too other than that you could search around to see if they make em for your helmet unless you got a joe rocket or hjc then i would highly recommend getting this visor for it.
If you have an HJC, get this! The pinlock insert works so well. I hated my helmet because of the fogging before lol

Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM

I love my RF-1100 but miss the lack of fogging that my Scorpion had. Why Shoei? It's like having a Honda Civic with a cup holder, and then buying a Mercedes and they just forgot that a cup holder would be nice.

Some Dawn seems to work well. But, with the soap come the attraction of dust, hair, and anything else just builds up inside the visor. You have to clean it more often.

Oh, Catcrap does work pretty well. Got some at REI. That's what I have been using, just mentioned Dawn first because everyone has some. haha

Last edited by AZMechanic; 02-17-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added a note.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I got Suomy, and I love their shield. I get really hot under helmet and Arai used to fog, but so far Suomy never does.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

i tried the dish soap and its still fogging up, but much less.maybe i buffed it out too much. is there a brand i should use.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 PM

Shaving cream works too....

Old 02-19-2011, 09:32 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

i bought rainX anti-fog and still doing same crap.

it works when i ride but when i have to stop at the light or a stop sign i have to lift the visor to let the fog out.

its annoying.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Scorpion visors don't fog.

i just bought one and you are absolutely right. i rode today in 35*F and rain, i tryed to do everything possible to make it fog, nothing.

and the helmet with the chin piece was only $107, i also have anti fog silver mirror visor coming for $50. the price was just right.

i love it.

Name:  scorpion_exo700_red_scorpion600.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  56.9 KB

and the fact that it has my nick right in front, is just sweet.

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 03-05-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:10 AM

Since you got a new helmet that doesn't fog, I guess I don't have anything useful to add.

But when I played paintball, I used these wipes...

http://store.motosolutions.com/clearvision/A.html

They worked pretty good on muggy days and also on cool mornings. Never had an issue. I would clean my goggles constantly in between games, but with the wipes, I was generally good for a few games as far as fogging was concerned.

Quick Reply: fogging helmet