Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Favorite Brand of Riding Gear -- JACKETS ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 10:32 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Favorite Brand of Riding Gear -- JACKETS ???

Icon merc hero leather ! i love it

Old 02-18-2007 | 05:44 AM

Alpinestars is my favorite gear brand. I have their leather jacket, leather pants, glove, and 2pc suits. Astars ROCK!!!

Old 02-18-2007 | 04:09 PM

I lowsided about three weeks ago. I had an Alpine star jacket and gloves, and Icon boots. The jacket did great, infact you can't tell it's ever been on the pavement, or in the accident, and I didn't have a scratch onmy upper body. The gloves did pretty good, few scatches on the carbone fiber, but still in good shape, and my hands were fine. The Icon boots on the other hand didn't live up to my expectation. I bought what I though looked like the most solid boots in the shop, because I have screws in my left ankle and I've broke my right 3 times. Well during the accident, a buckle ripped off my boot, folded over and pushed into the side of my left ankle right below the screws, didn't tickle when everything came to a stop. The sad thing is the boots weren't on the ground that much and the jacket was always on the ground, so I'm sold on Alpine star and now I'm leary of Icon.

Old 02-25-2007 | 10:31 PM

favorite goes to Joe Rocket. The sonic 2.0 kept me from getting torn up when i layed my bike down hitting a patch of gravel going 70 on a flyover. just got a little "rugburn" on my left forearm

Old 02-26-2007 | 12:12 AM

Anyone who didn't vote Dainese either never got to experience it or is fat.

Old 02-26-2007 | 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

Anyone who didn't vote Dainese either never got to experience it or is fat.

Too fat here.

Old 02-27-2007 | 03:01 AM

I wear the 2 piece set of RSR spyder leather jacket and trousers. I've crash tested the jacket and both times came away fine up top and am still wearing it. The first time I was wearing jeans which was a big mistake on a slow speed, embarrassing high side in which I ended up getting thrown at the ground rather than into the air. My knees came off pretty badly and hurt like hell for a while but up top was fine with the jacket and it only had a small scuff, the protection in the jacket worked well to soften the blow there. The second time I crash tested I was fully suited and booted after finally giving in and getting a set of leather trousers luckily. I ended up in the back of a car this time cos someone up ahead had decided to stop dead in the road cos he thought someone was gonna pull out infront of them from a layby on a slip road (stupid place to have one really if you ask me). Unfortunately I was looking over my shoulder to get into the outside lane when everyone was pulling up. I looked round to see everything pulling up and tried to break in time but locked up where the roads were greasy after recent rain, so I had to let go of the breaks to get the traction back and try breaking again but couldn't break in time to avoid hitting the guy in front with ABS breaks (who stopped pretty damn fast lol) or change lanes cos there wasn't space to get into the outside lane. So ended up going into the back of the guy in front at a fair speed. I ended up whacking my nuts on the tank before getting flipped over the bars (still holding onto them mind) and slamming onto the back of his car and falling off the side of it into the outside lane of traffic *cringe* lol. Before I even thought about being hurt I got up and got the hell out of there before having the chance of getting run over lol. After that one I was pretty sore around the crotch for a few days and felt sick and dizzy for a while naturally but the gear I was wearing did it's stuff lol. I was wearing The Spyder jacket with knox padding in it and also had a knox KC-2000 race back protector on under that along with the Spyder trousers and my Sidi Vertabras (the older ones), so yea, they work well and I'll stick with them lol. Oh yea, the bike was pretty bad too lol. I've been fixing it (probably a write off if I didn't do the labour myself really) but hopefully she'll be back on the road soon