Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Element Fastrack Bluetooth.. anybody have this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by raylee
Bluetooth is a great feature, but the point of a helmet is to protect your noggin. Go to a shop, try on several helmets, find one that has decent openings for your ears and fits your head shape and then go to this site and get some speakers.

http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.ph...190818i14c4013

Personally, I use noise isolation earbuds in my lid since they double as earplugs, which are recommended for riding anyways. A poorly made/poorly fit helmet can jiggle, create even more noise buffeting noises, and the shield can give you the fishbowl effect which will alter your ability to judge how far off obstacles are. I had an Icon Mainframe helmet and the thing would start to wiggle when I got to high speeds due to a poorly made spoiler and oh man that thing was noisy with the top vent open.
well said, im impressed g........my scull candies rock....

Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

You know after I responded to this thread, I started thinking the reason I ride mostly is to get away from all the distractions. If you want to ride and listen to your music and talk on the phone or talk to your buddy go right ahead. I have talked on the phone, texted and SKYPE'd enough that when I get on my bike it is just me and the breeze.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
You know after I responded to this thread, I started thinking the reason I ride mostly is to get away from all the distractions. If you want to ride and listen to your music and talk on the phone or talk to your buddy go right ahead. I have talked on the phone, texted and SKYPE'd enough that when I get on my bike it is just me and the breeze.
My main concern is bike to bike communication for going on trips. Music might be nice for a long straight stretch hours on end, but other than that.. I don't care about those things. Haven't been concerned with gadgets or things in my ear since I've been riding.. I just want to go farther and do more with my bike.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
It has good reviews... I just have very specific questions about the item. So if anybody owns this, please let me know.
If you buy other bluetooth systems you have to cut the foam in your helmet, don't you? I wouldn't want to buy something just to cut it up. When I purchase a helmet, it will probably be to use on a long trip, and it would be nice to be able to communicate with my bf.
with the systems, you dont have to cut into any foam.. it clips in to the helmet under the foam. anything that requires you to cut into the foam i wouldnt suggest because you dont want to alter anything that protects or alters the protection of your your head

Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Just seems like a pain.. especially if I don't own a helmet now and would probably only wear it if I was going on a trip.. Maybe next time we go up to Chicago Cycle I can see if they have it so I can try it on.. Don't know a whole lot about this bluetooth stuff. Would have to look at the systems themselves. Wouldn't want to be fishing for a remote or something if I could just press a button on the side of my head..