Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Element Fastrack Bluetooth.. anybody have this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Element Fastrack Bluetooth.. anybody have this?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...id-Helmet.aspx

Old 12-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not yet...but i will...someone posted a video of it not to long ago and i want one...this helmet + I-phone = wireless tunes....sweeet

Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Ja, I have an iPhone too.. Can't imagine life without it.

Somehow, I feel that the bluetooth would eliminate potential arguments.. Seems like a good idea..

Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 PM

2 of my friends have those helmets... i hate riding with them cuz they are always talkin to each other yet i cant lol.... they are definately good from what i heard and def great for the price

Old 12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Question

Are they stereo speakers or just in one ear? Are they speakers or earplugs connected to the helmet?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:56 PM

its on one side and then there is the microphone in the mouth piece... i think its in the padding... u gotta keep one ear open to hear traffic outside... its hid really well so its jsut a standard helmet

Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 PM

I would hope the speakers are stereo and not just in one ear.. cause that would be hella lame. I think in the reviews people would complain about the sound quality or only being in one ear if that were the case. I have many questions about this item. Am wondering how many bluetooth items you can synch to at one time, i.e.: how many helmets, phone/mp3 player, gps device, have heard there are radar detectors that voice over bluetooth as well.. Am wondering if you are connected with another person and listening to music, for example, does the music play continuously, does one take priority over the other, how does that work..? There was another helmet on that site with bluetooth, but the element one seemed like the buttons on the side would be much easier to use with compromised dexterity.....

Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM

there are systems u can get for your current helmet that have 2 speakers that are much cheaper... like this one which i plan on getting

http://www.emixt.com/intercom-music-...800f011a-.html

Old 12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bluetooth is a great feature, but the point of a helmet is to protect your noggin. Go to a shop, try on several helmets, find one that has decent openings for your ears and fits your head shape and then go to this site and get some speakers.

http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.ph...190818i14c4013

Personally, I use noise isolation earbuds in my lid since they double as earplugs, which are recommended for riding anyways. A poorly made/poorly fit helmet can jiggle, create even more noise buffeting noises, and the shield can give you the fishbowl effect which will alter your ability to judge how far off obstacles are. I had an Icon Mainframe helmet and the thing would start to wiggle when I got to high speeds due to a poorly made spoiler and oh man that thing was noisy with the top vent open.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM

It has good reviews... I just have very specific questions about the item. So if anybody owns this, please let me know.
If you buy other bluetooth systems you have to cut the foam in your helmet, don't you? I wouldn't want to buy something just to cut it up. When I purchase a helmet, it will probably be to use on a long trip, and it would be nice to be able to communicate with my bf.

Quick Reply: Element Fastrack Bluetooth.. anybody have this?