Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Ebay leathers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay leathers

I've been riding for 3 years, always have used a textile cheapy joe rocket jacket. I recently sold my F1 Hurricane and picked up an f4i 600. I've been riding a lot more in the mountains latly, and definitely need more protection then just the jacket. I've got a good set of boots, but that's about it. I cannot afford a nice suit or anything, I'm sure i'll get flamed by "okay well you can afford the hospital bills" etc... I think I'm around a size 38, i'm 5'8 135lbs. I'd rather have it tighter then looser... Ebay has these (chinese I'm sure) 2 piece leather suits for $200ish, and they look okay. I'm sure they couldn't take a bunch of falls, but if they do their job once or twice, that's worth it alone. I've been looking for used suits but have had zero luck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

Old 12-19-2009, 02:12 PM

Buddy of mine bought one of the suits off eBay for around $220; it didn't even make it to one fall - split its' seam getting on and off the bike.

If you check the racing boards (wera, cmra, etc) you can usually find used suits at great prices.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:09 PM

i would def try motorcycle superstore while they got major sales... i just picked up a honda authentic repsol jacket for 60 bucks in their closeout sales... they still got some sweet stuff

Old 12-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by randyjoy
Buddy of mine bought one of the suits off eBay for around $220; it didn't even make it to one fall - split its' seam getting on and off the bike.

If you check the racing boards (wera, cmra, etc) you can usually find used suits at great prices.
So you think they're complete junk? He didn't end up using the suit at all?

I posted up on the 13x forums, hopefully I can find a used suit.

And the cheapest suits I found on motorcycle superstore were 400-500+, which is a bit much for me at the moment...

Any other opinions? Cheers!

Old 12-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by GDM YO
So you think they're complete junk? He didn't end up using the suit at all?

I posted up on the 13x forums, hopefully I can find a used suit.

And the cheapest suits I found on motorcycle superstore were 400-500+, which is a bit much for me at the moment...

Any other opinions? Cheers!
He wore it about a month and a half, no crashes. Putting his leg over the bike the seam split. It fit him properly, he's about 5'7", 150, so he wan't straining the suit. I will say it looked really nice before the split!

We took them to the lady who does my racing leather repairs and puts patches on, she said the leather was too thin to sew, it wouldn't hold or take the stress.

If I were you, I think I'd save a bit more money and buy one that will last for a few years. You can find some nice two-piece on close-outs for less than $300, name brand.

Have you looked at newenough.com in the Close Outs/Bargain Basement? Looks like they have a Fieldsheer two-peice for around $280. Another I found is topgearleather.com, in the middle east somewhere, they look better than the real cheapies if you can't find anything to fit your budget (I've bought from NewEnough before, no knowledge of the other except their website and comments on it).

Last edited by randyjoy; 12-19-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:47 AM

Thanks for the reply! I'm looking to find a used suit or a cheap one on closeout. The problem is I think I am a size 38 and it's difficult to find that size. I'm 5'8 135lbs...

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

im right there with ya- 5'10" / 140.
tell me if you find somethin good eh?
i was bidding on a used fieldsheer on ebay and it just dissapeared.
cancelled...
what is that about? ive only used ebay a couple times.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
+1 I concur

Old 01-04-2010, 06:24 PM

tekniks for 3? that looks great-
w. my current $ i was looking at just pants for now and my old beater jacket but for 3 thats competing with the pants alone!
thanks

Quick Reply: Ebay leathers