Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

do you know this online store?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Avi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you know this online store?

Hey guys,
I came across this shop . it's not the official alpinestars online store although they use the name, but it has great sale prices for some of the alpinestars gear.

does anyone has experience with them?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry no experience w/ that particular online shop. However, wanted to mention that it would be a good idea to clearly know up front - what their return/exchange policies (& related charges) are.

Also, are they a "drop-shipper" or do they actually stock the products?

This comment in the Shipping & Returns page does not exude confidence - "You may attempt to cancel your order by filling out our Cancellation Form". Seem like there's some gray area in their returns. Gray area = problems.

Also, on that same page, they say that they don't offer an email address for communication (because of spam). That's a no-go for me.

I may be more skeptical than most but I've been burned by so-called online shops in the past & tend to only order from well-known shops w/ excellent feedback.

Good luck.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Avi

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Sorry no experience w/ that particular online shop. However, wanted to mention that it would be a good idea to clearly know up front - what their return/exchange policies (& related charges) are.

Also, are they a "drop-shipper" or do they actually stock the products?

This comment in the Shipping & Returns page does not exude confidence - "You may attempt to cancel your order by filling out our Cancellation Form". Seem like there's some gray area in their returns. Gray area = problems.

Also, on that same page, they say that they don't offer an email address for communication (because of spam). That's a no-go for me.

I may be more skeptical than most but I've been burned by so-called online shops in the past & tend to only order from well-known shops w/ excellent feedback.

Good luck.
I admit I didn't dig that deep, but simply seeing these discounts on A* equipment , something you rarely find on their stuff at all, seemed a little suspicious to begin with. especially that it's the only site..

That's a shame..

Old 09-24-2011, 12:44 PM

The whois looks pretty sketchy

Domain Name: ALPINESTARONLINESHOP.COM
Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.bizcn.com
Referral URL: [url=http://www.bizcn.com]
Name Server: NS10.CDNCENTER.COM
Name Server: NS11.CDNCENTER.COM
Name Server: NS12.CDNCENTER.COM
Name Server: NS7.CDNCENTER.COM
Name Server: NS8.CDNCENTER.COM
Name Server: NS9.CDNCENTER.COM
Updated Date: 03-jun-2011
Creation Date: 03-jun-2011
Expiration Date: 03-jun-2012

The main important things on there are that it was only registered as a site this past june and it's run off the chinese host BIZCN.COM which is FILLED with scammers.

I'd stay away.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no experience of this shop, but a good deal of the Alpinestars stuff is made in places like VietNam (gloves etc) made under license of Alpinestars in Italy. I know this to be true because my friend's sister is the Marketing Manager of A stars in Italy and he brought me a new pair of gloves - made in VietNam - when he visited Italy.
You may find these goods to be quite acceptable - could be "over-run" and not bad quality at all. Generally factories have to continue producing for other brands, so you may be onto a winner. They may not have the A Stars logo on them, due to trademark infringement though.
FWIW

This is the bit I don't like
they don't offer an email address for communication (because of spam).
What rubbish.
Look back through the forum history for A stars and other stuff - you'll find some good shippers at good prices But not this guy...............