Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Bluetooth gear for music, etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth gear for music, etc

I know a lot of people find too many distractions with music playing while riding, but I find it even more relaxing when I'm riding. I used to have some cheap wired helmet speakers, but they kinda fell apart. I'm looking to find a bluetooth option that will let me listen to music in stereo, take the occassional phone call (if I really have to), and if I have a rider in the future, talk to them. I have a iphone that I use as an ipod and phone, so at least it's just one piece of equipment there. I'd like something that I can listen to music in stereo using the A2DP bluetooth profile. I've seen a lot of options (add on systems, helmets), but I'm trying to find out what would be the best. Fortunately, money's not the problem, and I don't mind buying a new bluetooth helment if that's the best option. I just want something that will do everything I want the best. Any experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:17 PM

+1. I can't find a good set of earbuds to save my life, and my experience with music through bluetooth is that the quality sucks.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM

they make good bluetooth headsets, but most of the ones i know of are too big to be used in a helmet, and bluetooth quality can be good but its definitely one of those things where u get what u pay for and there isnt really a way around it, i used to work at bestbuy and when people would buy the cheap bluetooth thinking it was just as good as the one that was twice the price they would almost always end up bringing it back with some sort of complaint.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM

^that helmet seems like it would work great, has anyone heard anything review wise of this?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MOTOR.../dp/B000NKCO5Q

I've tried these at an AT&T store and they synch pretty well, feel pretty light too. Not sure how they might fit in the helmet though as this was before my bike days. They do make some really good over the ear headphones that are wires and very slim, but you wont be able to take calls and all that. If you want the ability to talk get a chatterbox. I think youre best with a wired set personally as they are slimmer and even in-ear buds can fit better and not get in the way, plus once the lid is on they wont fall out easily, especially if you route the cable up through the jacket.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 AM

I just purchase the Element Fastrack Bluetooth Helmet from cycle gear, after using it for a couple of weeks with my Iphone this helmet is so awesome you can be listing to your iPod, and with a touch of a button, pickup your incoming cell phone calls. You can also communicate helmet to helmet with your passenger or riding buddies. In other words, you can interact with just about anything that also has Bluetooth technology without having to deal with any after market add-onsam for the money I think it worth every cent.

Name:  2009_Element_Fastrack_Helmet_Black_.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  20.0 KB

Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 PM

ya i have same helmet except matte black good helmet little noisey but the music tends to drown out the windnoise. also when i get to the higher speeds the signal tends to lag ive also been having trouble with the connection just terminating, but not having to plug ear phones in, and for 200 new im happy with it bought the thing i cant say im disappointed with the product cause i only paid 200 but if i would have paid full retail i would have been a little disappointed also on phone calls when you hit the higher RPMS the person you are talkin to can hear you motor screaming at you in the back round wouldnt recommend picking up the phone on the highway lol
also heard they made gloves designed for this helmet, shield options arnt great lite smoke, dark smoke, & mirror is bout all your gunna get out of them