F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330, I have a bluetooth and find it really nice to drive my car hands free. I was thinking of getting a bluetooth helmet or some kind of bluetooth.

Has anyone tried this or have one? When riding in groups, it would be great to communicate when going on longer rides.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:44 PM

I have tried to use a few different headsets with my blackberry 8900 "the javlin". I own 2 different helmets, the exo scorpion and a akuma stealth.
- jawbone - to tight and the person cant hear you
- Ant - same and its to small

a buddie i ride with just picked up a product called Interphone the distance is like 490 ft has blue tooth and intercom
[ http://www.myblueant.com/interphone-...helmet-kit.htm ]

My only gripe with the headsets is they are big and hang on the outside of the helm, but he says it works well and he doesn't miss phone calls on long rides .
Im going to be using the set with him this coming week end so .... review pending

Old 03-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Default If you want to go real hardcore...

I have an Autocom system on my long distance bike that has a bluetooth dongle and that seems to work. The helmet in my case is hardwired to the unit right now so that's kind of a drag because if you forget it's there, which I do, it gives you a rude reminder when you dismount. Nothing stuck to the outside of the helmet though so it looks clean other than the wire hanging down.

The cool thing is that everything hooks to the unit (GPS, phone, MP3 player...) and it handles the prioritization based on which port you hook to. Expensive SOB though.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM

whatever you do, do NOT purchase the chatterbox product. my friend gave me a set a while ago and they blow. the batteries take forever to charge and don't last very long and there's wires going everywhere. i never bothered to even use them after getting annoyed by the wires.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 AM

http://www.helmetcountry.com/index.p...product_id=222

i was gonna look at getting one of these this year

Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 AM

1. found a review on the helmet and it sounds good, but the customer feed back is scary :/
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...mets/#comments

I don't know when it comes to helmets i prefer to pay, since its protecting my brains

Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a chatterbox XBi

setting it up was easy, Directions are pretty straight forward. Nice and compact. Person i'm talkin to can hear me fine at highway speeds. You can answer phone calls by pressing a button on the bluetooth itself. but in order to make calls...u ahve to make them from the phone itself which is stupid.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Default Chatterbox X1 Bluetooth

I own the Chatterbox X1 Bluetooth and I have installed the speakers and mic on both of my helmets.
I also have the Sirius Stiletto2 with the car kit installed in the trunk of my 2001 F4i. I also use the iCombi AG12 Bluetooth Transmitter.
Since the AG12 has a 3.5mm headphone jack I connect it to the audio out from the Stiletto car kit and can now listen to Sirius while I ride.
The unique thing about the X1 is that when the audio from the Sirius is streaming, I can connect my Blackberry 8830. When music is playing and a phone call comes in, I hear a little tone through the speakers. Now I can press the "Mode" button on the X1 and it will mute the music and I can now answer my phone call. When the call is finished, I can either press the "Mode" button again or wait for the caller to end the call. When the call is finished, the music comes on within two seconds. If you need to make a call, you would need to use the phone to dial. Depending on the speed that you are riding there maybe some wind noise. I think this is understandable. It is clear enough to tell the caller that you are riding and will call back later. For that purpose it is perfect.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 PM

Wow! I didnt realize that this many used the bluetooth on their bikes. Thanks for the info. I am going to check out some of the outfits you guys are using.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Scalla rider2 - great bike to bike communication as well as bluetooth phone connection.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth