Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Any Jackets Made like this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Jackets Made like this?

I bought a technic jacket for my first one and i like it alot. However, I am wanting a jacket that is tighter around my midsection. I'm tall (6'3) and fairly thin (190 but very athletic build). My jacket now i have pulled in as skinny as it can go, and its ALMOST good enough, but its kind of billowy in the shoulders. If i had known this one would 'pillow' out on me on the freeway i wouldnt have bought it but i'm a new rider and in the store it felt like it fit right. BUT I want something that is snug around my midsection, shoulders and arms...I guess just more of a european fit? Suggestions?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any Jackets Made like this?

ORIGINAL: Domin8

I bought a technic jacket for my first one and i like it alot. However, I am wanting a jacket that is tighter around my midsection. I'm tall (6'3) and fairly thin (190 but very athletic build). My jacket now i have pulled in as skinny as it can go, and its ALMOST good enough, but its kind of billowy in the shoulders. If i had known this one would 'pillow' out on me on the freeway i wouldnt have bought it but i'm a new rider and in the store it felt like it fit right. BUT I want something that is snug around my midsection, shoulders and arms...I guess just more of a european fit? Suggestions?
not euro fit, just a snug fit like it pose to be so the armor stays in place in the event of a booboo. Try going down a size or two. Goto a local shop n try several on.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 AM

ok i'll do that, the sleeves on my jacket feel right but since im so damn tall i want something thinner lol

Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Domin8

ok i'll do that, the sleeves on my jacket feel right but since im so damn tall i want something thinner lol
Well the sleeves will seem long just standing arounf wearing it, but will be the right length while riding. I'm 180 and 6' and my jacket that fits right is a size 42, and I have a larger Teknic jacket I use for winter mainly so I can fit layers under it lol.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM

i'm 6'3 195ish and mines a 48 . its pulled as tight as can go around my midsection, but the arms fit perfect as far as length goes. I am very misproprtioned person LOL

Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM

I am 6'6 & 180 lbs. finding the perfect jacket has been hell. any new leads? i settled for a Joe Rocket 46 and i'm swimmin in the midsection. the baggy fit is SO annoying. my next step is try on a tall Scorpion or tall Rocket Nation.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 AM

wow your a 6'6" and 180....your a toothpick, good luck finding a jacket that fits right...

Old 08-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator

Go try on any Dianese jacket if you ha.ve a store around you that carries them and you can shell out the money .. it's the fit you're look.ing fo.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 PM

I was at my local dealer today and they had some jackets made by 3rd Street ( I think) and they fit me really sung all the way around...good snug though. Only problem is they have plastic zippers. Other than that they seemed great quality. I'm 6'3" 190 so a good fit is hard to find for me too...

Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 AM

i am kind of in a delimma too....im lookin to buy a joe rocket jacket and dunno which size to choose....a 40 or 42....when i tried on a joe rocket brand jacket (notice the jacket i tried on was not the one i intend to buy, because they didnt have it at the store), a size 40 is VERY tight, hard to put on and take off, almost impossible...the salesperson had to help me pull it off my arms....and the elbow guard was below my elbow...the salesperon said that its ok, once the leather stretches out, it will fall in place when i ride...i think thats BS LOL....but when i tried on the size 42, it was easy to put on/take off, elbow guard was right in place but i feel like it can be a lil more snug....so please help me decide what i should do....

i am 6 ft 165 lbs...

Quick Reply: Any Jackets Made like this?