Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

any help on eye protection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any help on eye protection?

[ mod on ] Promoting Safety is good and necessary. Bashing is not, no matter how much you feel it is necessary for their own good. Make your point in a civil manner please. [ / mod off ]

ORIGINAL: cgraham4130
i have a cheap pair of glasses but the wind seems to go right around the lens and attacks my eye. anyone have any suggestions as to a good pair of glasses that eliminates this problem? or even a different alternative that doesnt look like i am wearing diving goggles or something. any input is more than welcome, thanks.
Those two statements are contradictory. If you want "true" eye protection from the wind you will NEED glasses that wrap around like goggles .. any other will allow wind to get in. With that said there are a few glasses that are somewhat in between the two such as:

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...-01&tier2=3114

You may want to take a look at some of the others they offer on that same link. With that said, I only wear glasses in addition to my helmet in full sun when I'm too lazy to switch out visors. but it's your noggin so your decision. Just remember that most accidents happen close to home when a vehicle pulls out in front of you.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man, i appreciate the help.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:11 AM

I feel like i should jump in on this,
i know what you are on about it seems hassle, i think its best that you don't pop on a pair of glasses you shouldn't be going fast without the helmet so you won't need anything to protect you from the wind.

I'm sure you are experienced but i think what everyone is getting at, that other people aren't and pleading with god saying that you are a good rider won't make up for the fact a stupid reversed out into you.

Forget about looking cool for the chicks or whatever your doing it for, I think i speak for all bikers when i say that someone who doesn't wear the proper protective gear is a 'try hard Fool' happy riding and don't take this personally i would say the same to Rossi if wear to ride with no helmet :P

just as a side not, the medical term for someone who doesn't wear a helmet is 'ORGAN DONOR'

Old 08-15-2008, 03:16 AM

alright guys here it is....i feel like you guys are trying to parent me a little to much. i have wrecked and broken bones on motorcycles before so i know it is dangerous. i do wonder though if anyone has read my initial post though. i asked for input on eye protection, not implications in regard to my intelligence because i am a little lazy and i want to take the easy way out when riding for under 5 minutes each way.

regardless i appreciate the consideration but i believe you guys are not reading and replying to the content. instead you day dream about how you can make me look stupid for asking a question. i am really displeased with this postand i plan on writing it off as a mistake. "if you want the job done right, you have to do it youself" i guess i just have to shop around.

aside from that i am not trying to be rude in anyway but at least try to see if from my eyes. if it doesnt work its all good, ride on
Probably wouldn't have broken your bones if you wore full protection. I highsided in my suit. Got back up and ran towards my bike. I was fine. No rudeness intended, and if any offense was taken, then I'm sorry. Just a thought, bro. Wear your gear all the time. You said you've experienced the pain of going down before on a bike, so leave the stubborness out of it and gear up. We don't want to nag you about it; it's simply that we care about you, bro.

Anyways, try a pair of sunglasses if you're into that while riding. I have a pair of Nike Tarj. They wrap around your head. They're fantastic sunglasses. Might prove worthwhile in riding. Google them if you'd like. You can get them on ebay for like $20-$30. For what it's worth, I'd rather you use your helmet though. Afterall, it's the reason you spent hundreds of dollars on it.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:35 AM

thought the flaming was done but apparently not. thanks for being there when my father wasnt guys....really i dont get what everyones deal is but whatever

Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 AM

i dont get what everyones deal is but whatever
"Whatever" is internet speak for *I got nothin*

Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 AM

wow, lets log on and bash people about their outlooks on THEIR OWN safety. get over yourself dude, if i choose to heighten the risk of injury for myself then so be it. you must not feel very accomplished in your life to worry so much about how stupid it is to not wear a helmet. i would think if you thought it to be stupid that you would wear a helmet and not flame people on a friendly forum for what they choose to do. your language is not necessary as well, and i do not have family that depends on me seeing as how i am 20 years old. call me an arrogant kid, i can live with it, but dont try to be a e-daddy.
Oh trust me I aint being your e-daddy, if so I would just beat your *** take your bike away from you n ground your stupid *** to your xbox. And yes you are a very arrogant kid that needs some manners. One day you will learn just how you are not safe just riding up to road w/o a helmet. I just hope your arrogant lil *** lives to learn n live from it.

And the big deal is pavement + even your thick skull= splat!

Get it now???

Old 08-15-2008, 01:16 PM

^ LMAO e-daddy

if you wanna wear glasses just get some with foam around them. As for me I like my helmet, and the 5 extra seconds it takes to throw on is worth it.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:33 PM

thought the flaming was done but apparently not. thanks for being there when my father wasnt guys....really i dont get what everyones deal is but whatever

I don't think I could have been any nicer....
I even made a suggestion of eye protection. I guess I'm an e-daddy now?

Old 08-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Retired Moderator

CGR, sometimes you got to learn when to hold'em. Of all the posts in this entire thread FFCBRf4i's was the least offensive! Yet you chose to pick that one to rehash this mess all over. I tried to help by toning down the nastiness in this thread and it did in fact help until you rehashed it and they came back out of the woodworks.

If you step back and read his post again with OBJECTIVITY you'll notice there's a big difference between flaming and constructive criticism; just because someone doesn't agree with your view point and debates it intelligently doesn't make it flaming. Some of the other posts in this thread? Yes well they go a bit overboard and are uncalled for but why you chose that post instead of thanking him and asking if anyone has any alternative suggestions is beyond me.

Anywho, if peeps want to give suggestions on glasses or CONSTRUCTIVE related views without childish insults regarding the lack of safety when going head commando, then so be it but I'll be locking it otherwise.

Thanks

Quick Reply: any help on eye protection?