Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

any help on eye protection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any help on eye protection?

ok so i almost always wear my helmet but on those quick trips down the street to the store i would rather throw on a pair of glasses and cruise. i have a cheap pair of glasses but the wind seems to go right around the lens and attacks my eye. anyone have any suggestions as to a good pair of glasses that eliminates this problem? or even a different alternative that doesnt look like i am wearing diving goggles or something. any input is more than welcome, thanks.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: any help on eye protection?

Sorry, even though Texas allows non-helmet riders I wear mine every single time.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:44 PM

i have a great pair of glasses that don't let air in and don't fog up or look gay. they're both scorpion exo400's. if ur gonna ride without a helmet protecting your eyes seems pointless. just my 2 cents dude. do what you will

Old 08-13-2008, 05:38 PM

thanks for the sarcasm jp...i dont understand why you have to be negative when i am just asking for input. i have a scorpion exo400 so yes i agree they work well and look pretty stylish even though that isnt the most important thing to me.

also in the area that i live if you are not wearing a helmet you must be wearing eye protection so how is it pointless?

i dunno man i have had good experiences with this forum so far but you just ruined it a little...thanks man and have fun ridin

Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM

what is your reasoning that wearing a helmet is good sometimes, but not other times?I strap the helmet on everytime I throw a leg over.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: cgraham4130

i dunno man i have had good experiences with this forum so far but you just ruined it a little...thanks man and have fun ridin
We don't want you to die, someone can run into you rolling out of your driveway.

Helmets are smart, helmetless is a bit.....retarded.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 PM

not trying to ruin your experiance man. this is a great forum. i wasnt trying to offend you, just trying to get a point across. i prolly coulda made that more obvious. sorry man. no hard feelings?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 PM

alright guys here it is....i feel like you guys are trying to parent me a little to much. i have wrecked and broken bones on motorcycles before so i know it is dangerous. i do wonder though if anyone has read my initial post though. i asked for input on eye protection, not implications in regard to my intelligence because i am a little lazy and i want to take the easy way out when riding for under 5 minutes each way.

regardless i appreciate the consideration but i believe you guys are not reading and replying to the content. instead you day dream about how you can make me look stupid for asking a question. i am really displeased with this postand i plan on writing it off as a mistake. "if you want the job done right, you have to do it youself" i guess i just have to shop around.

aside from that i am not trying to be rude in anyway but at least try to see if from my eyes. if it doesnt work its all good, ride on

Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 PM

Sorry pal but you are making yourself look stupid by not wearing a helmet. Just because you are only going 5 minutes from the house doesnt make it any safer than 500 miles from the house. And if you or any ****ing one else thinks otherwise, well I hope you have plenty of life insurance for your family you will leave behind.

And if this offends anyone, tough shyt, go ask stupid questions to the mirror then, it may give you only the answers you want to hear. Just stand there n wait for it to answer tho...

Old 08-14-2008, 01:36 PM

wow, lets log on and bash people about their outlooks on THEIR OWN safety. get over yourself dude, if i choose to heighten the risk of injury for myself then so be it. you must not feel very accomplished in your life to worry so much about how stupid it is to not wear a helmet. i would think if you thought it to be stupid that you would wear a helmet and not flame people on a friendly forum for what they choose to do. your language is not necessary as well, and i do not have family that depends on me seeing as how i am 20 years old. call me an arrogant kid, i can live with it, but dont try to be a e-daddy.

Quick Reply: any help on eye protection?