Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

alpine* SP-S or Held Panther gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine* SP-S or Held Panther gloves?

I am looking for a new set of gloves, and I think I have it narrowed down to these 2.
anyone have any experience or comments to help me decide which ones I should go with?

Alpine SP-S

[*]Full-grain leather construction[*]Dual carbon fiber knuckle protectors[*]Palm protected with Kevlar and a second layer of leather[*]Fingers protected with a second layer of full-grain leather[*]Clarino® palm reinforcements for a superior grip[*]Short cuff length with hook-and-loop closure

$70.00

OR:

HELD PANTHER

[ul][*]Palm is constructed of unlined colorfast cowhide leather[*]Back is built of cowhide leather with a silky 100% polyester lining[*]Carbon knuckle protection[*]Doubled material and ventilation vents on fingers[*]Reinforced ball of thumb[*]Velcro adjustment at cuff [/ul]
$80.00

The a* are not vented, does anyone have any issue with sweaty palms?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Default RE: alpine* SP-S or Held Panther gloves?

I'd go with the SP's i don't like to wrist covers of the others. They really don't serve a purpose as far as protection goes.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:49 PM

If you're thinking about hittin the track before those gloves would wear out, maybe consider getting some gauntlets(most all tracks require gauntlets)...I kinda wish I did, now that I'm aching for the track and will have to buy a second pair.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 PM

hmmm, hadnt considered the track aspect. I plan on doing1 or 2 days this year. I will check on that. I dont like the full gauntlet for street riding, but thought maybe the mid cuff would be a nice comprimise.