Rides Pics of Members CBR1000F's

My "new to me" 1994 CBR 1000F

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "new to me" 1994 CBR 1000F

Hi everyone! As a new guy here, I thought as one of my first posts, I'd share some pics of my 'Cane. I've ridden everything from Ninja 250s to Kawasaki ZL1000, to V-Star 1300 and just about everything inbetween.

Buying a CBR was a new experience for me. I've never owned anything this fast for certain. The ZL1000 was a close second probably and I made many trips on her. (Especially up to Deals Gap where I have some wonderful memories and great pics courtesy of Killboy.) Honestly, I'm a slow rider. I don't drag knees. I don't wheelie. I'm very conservative honestly. I really get on two because I enjoy the ride.

I'm a medically retired Navy Vet. Currently working as a Component Engineer for a global company. I'm good with electronics but HORRIBLE mechanically. I can do basic things to my bike but any major service, I take it to the shop.

My last bike was a 03 Kawasaki MeanStreak. I bought it with 4,000 miles on it. It wasn't even broken in. My biggest problem was that the wife HATED riding on it. She's loved everything else. I decided to sell it and save up for something else.

I came across an ad for a 94 CBR 1000F and we went to go look at it. 25,000 miles. Heli Bars. Vance and Hines Exhaust. Corbin seat. He was asking $2200 and I figured it would be a basket case but it looked good in the pictures. When we got there, I was speechless. It looked to be very well cared for. The guy had owned it for 3 months and never rode it because his wife had gotten very ill. I guess technically, I'm the 3rd owner. (4th if you include the guy I bought it from.) All the controls looked new. There was none of the usual fading you see on older bikes. The chain was dirty but in good shape. I rode it around the block and fell in love. I offered him $2100, signed the title and rode it home.

I'll admit, being an older guy, the position hurts my wrists a little. My back seems to be ok. I may be putting a riser on it to lift me up a little more than the Heli Bars are capable of. It's my only REAL beef with the bike.

Well, I've talked TOO long. Here's some pics of my new baby. Hope you enjoy.

The lights are "dancing" lights. They swirl around and when you hit the brakes, they blink brightly. I really like them.

The Corbin seat is FANTASTIC! The wife LOVES riding on it.

Front tire is BUGGERED! Rear tire has a plug with a slow leak. Next week, I'm putting a new set of Shinko Ravens on her.

All gauges, lights, etc work perfectly!

Think this was my first trip to work. Notice my salad on the rear. XD Bike is returning around 40mpg and I SERIOUSLY can't complain about THAT! My MeanStreak only got about 33 and wasn't anywhere NEAR this smooth or fast.

Love taking pics of it! Wish all the stickers were there. I'm pretty sure the "1000F" sticker is not original. At least I've never seen a 94 with them.

Was after her first "bath." Plans include getting a GiVi monokey on the back to make work commutes easier since I have a large laptop and lunch usually.

I was the first to arrive for our annual ALR meet. We rode up to the Ellijay post. I was expecting to get some crud about being the only sport bike but I honestly had the largest crowd when we arrived with a lot of people admiring her and complimenting me such a clean bike.

That's all for now!

CHEERS!

Mike

Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 AM

very nice cubetop!
sounds like you found a GOOD UN!
good luck with her.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by boru
very nice cubetop!
sounds like you found a GOOD UN!
good luck with her.
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have her for a long time.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

It looks great Mike - well done on the purchase.

And I agree totally with your opinion on the Corbin seat - they are brilliant.

Cheers, SB

Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM

Great looking bike!

Old 10-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it were me, I'd take off all the stickers. That's a clean bike and I think it would look really sleek without them. I think mine looks a lot better without them.

Obviously you can't take the honda wings off the tank (not that you'd want to anyway), but I always thought the CBR1000F stickers made them look dated and the aftermarket ones just look out of place and dated. lol...

Congratulations on a sweet ride, though. Low miles, great shape, and a pretty damn good price even without the corbin, nice screen, and exhaust.
Welcome to the site, man.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Welcome Crew

thats a nice looking cane cubetop

Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 AM

Thanks guys. I actually really like the stickers on the bike. It gives it such a clean vintage look. I don't want it to look like a newer bike. Like you said, to each their own.

She is a pretty clean bike and I'm REALLY enjoying her so far!

Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM

Looks very nice!!!! I love that color scheme!

Old 10-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cubetop
Thanks guys. I actually really like the stickers on the bike. It gives it such a clean vintage look. I don't want it to look like a newer bike. Like you said, to each their own.

She is a pretty clean bike and I'm REALLY enjoying her so far!
Hey man, it's your bike. Do what you like.
But those aren't stock stickers so I'm not sure how you're getting a clean/vintage look.

Quick Reply: My "new to me" 1994 CBR 1000F