Rides Pics of Members CBR1000F's

CBR1000F pics Intro...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dao, your bike is sweet. I'm sure you'll be happy with her for a long time.
Good choice on a late model in black...

You're pics are fine. Not too big at all.

When I bought a KLR, I put the first 75miles on it in the POURING rain riding home. Completely soaked, freezing cold, but smiling....
Makes you a little nervous riding a new bike for the first time in the rain, eh? lol..

Anyway, welcome to the CBR Forum, bud, and congrats on the new ride!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kind words are much appreciated. And to be considered for ROTM is quite an honor! I'm definately glad I chose the CBR over some of the other bikes I looked at.

You're right Kilgore, I was extremely nervous on the trip home! "Please don't let the front end become the back end" ran through my mind as I rounded each turn in town. Once I got out on the open road I was fine though. I must say, getting the power to the ground is not an issue, even on wet pavement.

Well I'm off to renew my cycle license as I let it lapse a few years ago. What was I thinking?? Have a great day gents!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Administrator - Retired

Ha ha... yep, my thoughts too.

Good luck on getting that renewal! My dad let his lapse, too, and he's kicking himself for it now.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Ha ha... yep, my thoughts too.

Good luck on getting that renewal! My dad let his lapse, too, and he's kicking himself for it now.
Took all of 20 minutes to complete the learner's permit portion this morning. Have to do a driving test again. Bah! Dropped by and wrapped up the insurance portion, hit the registration office and done before noon. I need a beer!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator - Retired

That's cool, Dao, hope your driving test goes ok.
Don't see why it wouldn't, though.
Not sure how your test is in GA, but here the figure 8s in a box are hard on this bike.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM

Dao, I think you stoled my bike! That's a beauty. I like the painted wheels. That's a 93 right? And you have the same single can conversion. Small world.

What's the mileage? It looks like new. Shiney paint.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Howdy fellow CBRers.

Here are a few pics I took while riding in my region while on vacation a few weeks ago. We had mooched an in-laws seaside cabin which is about a 6 hour highway drive away from us. Wife let me drive the bike while she took the bambino in the cage so I took all secondary roads there and back with a few exploratory excursions while there. Got 2000kms in over the 9 days we were away ... any pics ...

Bay of Fundy, NB in between Moncton, NB and Fundy National Park (we adventured in the park but I doubt you wanna see family canoe pics) ..

This one is near the isthmus joining NS to the rest of Canada ... I just liked how it was a sharp corner that put you in the Atlantic if you didn't make it ... and in the left mirror, it's me!

Panoramic of windy road through hills in Southern New Brunswick ... album shrunk the pic down too much, doesn't do it justice ..

Was a very therapeutic vacation ... I rolled it over 80,000kms too ... got some service to do ...

Old 09-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Nice pics Mike! Sounds like a fun ride.

Originally Posted by JHouse
Dao, I think you stoled my bike! That's a beauty. I like the painted wheels. That's a 93 right? And you have the same single can conversion. Small world.

What's the mileage? It looks like new. Shiney paint.
Don't know how I missed this. Your bike is still safe but that helmet with the camera duct taped and jammed in is in danger!!

Last edited by DaoJones; 09-12-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:16 AM

Mike, That's a beautiful place.

Dao, I'm filing a patent on my special technique on taping a camera to my face, "storing" the tape on my back, as well as the partial goo removal technique.

Quick Reply: CBR1000F pics Intro...