Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Vemar helmet review

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vemar helmet review

I just got a Vemar Diadem VSR helmet on eBay for $100 (retail is $499) and I just want to say that I will never buy another brand of helmet again. I like this helmet better than my Arai and Shoei. It is light, awesome airflow and spectacular visibility. The helmet is tight and snug, and feels lawesome. At 120 mph, my HJC would bounce my head around all over the place, but this Vemar makes it feel like I am going 20, not turbulence whatsoever.

Ok, that is all I got, great helmet.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Default RE: Vemar helmet review

I have a a Vemar Carbon VSR, and i have to say, AWESOME helmet. Great airflow and stability at speed. It is a bit loud, but the fit more than makes up for it.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
LDH

I concur 100% on the VEMAR's

I have been using SHOEI quite religiously now for a very long time, but also have enough experience with ownership of ARAI, Fulmer, Bieffe & HJC helmets to know that the SHOEI name is equal to the public's perception of their product being a touch above most other brands. Now comes this VEMAR helmet that may not have quite the overall build quality when compared to the SHOEI, but it is quieter, lighter, fits better, has better ventilation & a better crash protection rating! All at a price that is almost too good to be true. I'm not made of money & this helmet is the best bang for the buck I have ever seen. When I put it on I don't feel like I am putting on a cheap HJC or Fulmer type helmet I don't get that feeling that when I show up at Starbucks the other helmet snobs are gonna silently laugh at my choice of riding gear plus I can pick up 2 of these VEMAR's for the cost of one mainstream SHOEI & while the crash rating stuff didn't used to mean a whole lot to me in the past, as an instructor for the 06 season & knowing that I am going to be spending a ton of tracktime in swarms of unpredictable students I am now very interested in keeping my head out of harms way the best way I can.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 PM

i love my Vemar fits great and is light
has ECE-2205
awesome peripheral vision

only con is maybe the ventilation makes the helmet loud and u get alot of air into ur eyes

Old 07-06-2006, 07:17 PM

I'm glad you guys like them, but I was disappointed. There's a guy selling these for $150 at the track near me. I tried it on and thought it was very uncomfortable compared to my Arai. There seemed to be very little padding in the crown and in the cheeks. I could actually feel styrofoam on my head. I wasn't too impressed.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:55 PM

Got a VSR Gloss black with a dark tinted visor. Just a little loud on the highway when doing 140kms+. Besides that Its the best helmet I have every worn.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:38 AM

Over all, great helmet especially the eye-popping blue chrome one.(very popular in Europe BTW) was a little too noisy though, I'm sporting a
SHARK RSI right now.[sm=bounceybounce.gif] it's not snell Cert but I find the Euro standards along with Dot is all the protection I'll need (no hard *** shell for me=my opinion/ yours might be diffent and that's OK!!)
might not be for everybody though since it's on the narrow side.