Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Triple Tree/Rear Stand Brands - need review

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Tree/Rear Stand Brands - need review

Found this stand on ebay just wondering if this was a decent stand to go with.. I like the fact that its 100 + ship for front nd rear w/ tripple tree stand. There are other stands up on ebay but they are much more expensive just wondering if this other stand is a half way decent stand to use... it pivots in the middle of the bars so i'm a lil skeptical on it

Motorcycle Stand Front Triple Tree & Rear Spool Stands, Head Lift | eBay

Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Would like to know as well, I was just looking at these last week. I did some searching on here, and people just keep suggesting Pitbull. I'm a budget rider, so if this is good enough to pick the bike up for basic maint, then its good enough for me.

(Lifted the bike with a floor jack last week to adjust the chain.)

Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only time you'll really need a front stand that lifts from the triple is when you do fork / suspension work. I went 5 years using a harbor freight fork stand. They'll last a while and work for basic maintenance. Only thing is don't store the bike on it unless the ground is completely level.

They'll warp over long term storage

Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 AM

I want a tripple tree stand for front end brake work and storage over the winter. From what I've heard they are more supportive and are harder to tip the bike off a tripple tree than from off a fork stand. As of right now I only need a rear stand but since this is a kit I figured if it was worth it I'd look into just getting both now.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:17 PM

I just used this MJ Moto front triple tree stand and it worked like a charm on my 06 F4i. I used it in combination with a pibull rear stand and the MJ Moto one didn't even touch my upper cowl/fairing so thumbs up from me. Didn't assemble/try the front one.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Hey guys. I just bought this combo Biketek Motorcycle Front and Rear Stands sets - Motorcycle Stands - Fly-N-Cycle

It works like a charm. I got my fron end up in the air now cause Im getting a new tire put on. I will be ready if I ever need to do fork work in the future. You can choose color and it comes with 5 pins. It should have your size but just measure your hole for the front stand to make sure. I didnt have to move the horn or anything on my bike but its an old 99 cbr 900. i know some bikes you might have to remove parts to use the front stand. It comes with the spool attachments but i didnt need them. Decent deal for $130 shipped. I noticed the one in the link above only comes with one pin and I dont know if they include both options for the rear stand. About the same price, your just getting less. Hope this helps