Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

TIRE TOSS UP

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIRE TOSS UP

I'M NEW TO THE FORUM SO I APOLOGIZE IF YOU ALL HAVE ALREADY THROWN THIS TOPIC AROUND.....
I NEED TO GET A NEW SET OF TIRES FOR MY '00 F4....I FOUND A SET OF 208's WHICH I LIKE A LOT, BUT WANT TO "EXPLORE" OTHER POSSIBILITIES...I WAS LOOKING AT THE PIRELLI DIABLO...

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD REALLY HELP. I'M LOOKING FOR MORE STREET...VS TRACK TIRE....I PLAN ON BUYING A TRACK TIRE SET NEXT SPRING.

THANKS

Old 09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TIRE TOSS UP

Michelin Pilot Powers.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both are great tires! get whatever is cheapest and you won't be disappointed!
diablos are like 218 shipped to your door from ronayers.com
you won't be disappointed with them...plenty o stick mang...

Old 10-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Retired Mod

i run the bridgestone bt-014's and really like them. heard alot of good about the pilot powers too. most sportbike specific tires are pretty good. cant go wrong with any of the major manufacturers.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen to Chain...Michelin Pilot Power!!!!!

Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Michelin Pilot Powers.
+1

Old 05-04-2006, 05:08 PM

What kind of mileage are you looking at with the Michelin Pilot Powers? I am still researching my next set of tires and am still collecting info.

Thanks!

Old 07-02-2006, 10:43 PM

Dunlop has always been good for me from the 207's, 208's to the new Qualifiers. Most will get you (depending on riding style) 5-10 K miles. Have had 2 blowouts at high speed and the Dunlops held together like nothing happened. Try indysuperbikes.com for tires and ask for Dominick.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:58 AM

I replaced my stock D-lops with Pirelli Diablo Stradas. They're a higher mileage, harder compound tire. I do mostly highway, long distance, straight line riding too so I wanted something a little more durable. Took a little while to adjust to them but they wear a lot better than my stocks. Unless you're on the track a lot and using the tires to their limits, I'd recommend the Stradas.

My $0.02.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:28 AM

I love these tire questions, you can never have enough, CBRCAMEL if you are looking for a great set of tires you cannot go wrong with the pilot powers (I have just wrote a review in here https://cbrforum.com/m_121549/tm.htm) Dunlop Qualifiers are also great. Althought buying a great set of tires is important I think making sure that they have not been sitting in a warehouse for too long is equally as important, I'd like to add this to the topis if I may in regards to "BUY WHATERVER IS ON SALE" statement, That I always come across during tire discussions. BIG MISTAKE. Tires range in compound from super sticky (ie PP's & Qualifiers when properly warmed up) "qualifying" race tires to rock-like touring tires that provide extra -long life. What is not obvious, however is that the compound and compliance of a tire changes with time. as tires are heated and cooled from riding and parking, they become harder,racers refer to this process as a "heat cycle" and it's especially prononced with soft racing tires. Tires also become harder by just sitting in a warehouse or GARAGE (some people still do this because they've got a gooood deal on them[sm=chairshot.gif]), so keep this in mind when those cheap, closeout prices or specials on tires you see tempt you (think about the last time a store discounted tires that they have just received!!!) Those tires may be fine but then again they may have sat (90% of the time) in the warehouse for so long that they have practically TURNED TO STONE. What I do is buy my tires from a shop where they place my order directly with the manufatures and I recieve them usually few days later fresh from the manufactures (tha't what my shop does for me) internet prices are very very tempting (I must admit) but a relation with your local shop is priceless usually the shop is pretty good @ trying to get as close as possible to those internet prices (mounting and balancing is free)[sm=massbounce.gif] just my $0.02

Quick Reply: TIRE TOSS UP