Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Need Opinions on leather jackets

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions on leather jackets

I am looking for a nice winter jacket to use but would like to be able to wear it year round (except with its like 95 out)..I would prefer something to be very tight fitting, the jacket i have now is a Joe rocket jacket i got used for like 60 bucks with my bike. It was a great deal but its not leather, I can get cold in it, and its too big. So my main concern is the warmth and preferring the tight fit.

So far I’ve tried on this jacket in person and its tight fitting, heavy, but its perforated leather and im worried how much 30 degree air is gunna be going though there. Any body have reviews of this jacket ? http://www.rapidracer.com/moaplemoja.html

And I’ve seen this one posted on forums and I like it, I don’t think its perforated. Can any body review this one?
http://www.motoworldonline.com/produ...=179&catid=176

And Any body have any recommendations of a jacket that is like what I am going for?

Old 09-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need Opinions on leather jackets

Don't get a tight fitting leather jacket. Get something like an AGV that has armor and a little room. Then when it gets down to 30F you can wear long handles and maybe an insulated flannel shirt. I ride that way down to 30F -- if it gets colder than that I put on the "Super Suit". It's good to around 0F.

And don't forget the warm gloves. If the fingers is cold you just can't seem to get comfortable. My winter gloves are Tourmaster Winter Elite. Warmest gloves I've ever had -- only heated gloves are warmer.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 AM

I ride all winter in Colorado. It's a dry cold, but it's cold. My fairing protects most of my chest, but I wear a perforated Fieldshear jacket with a wind block underneath. I use Hippo Hands and light elkskin gloves to keep my hands warm. To keep my legs warm, I use First Gear Pilot leather pants. Newenough has a package deal: http://www.newenough.com/package_dea...reak_pilot.htm.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:30 AM

i have the Dainese Monza leather jacket....pretty warm when i ride at nite...i also have the Dainese Firestarter gloves..man they are so soft and they really keep u warm...i suggestion is to get a head "sock"...sorta like a ski mask in other words..u can either get it thin, mid, or thick...it will help out alot

Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Slow poke does your perforated jacket actually let in air (if so how much) ? I may be buying the Moto GP one soon and need to know how much air im lettin in.....I tryed it on and it has enough room for 1 or 2 thin layers (no hodies or nothing). But its got very little neck coverage so that might be the deciding factor not to buy it if the perforated holes dont play a factor.

And xmun I got one of thoes already they work great.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: stamford

Slow poke does your perforated jacket actually let in air (if so how much) ?
Not very much really, but there's some stretch mesh at my bicepts that lets in a lot of air. I wear a windblock fleece shirt, that my wife made for me, underneath. You have to wear a bandana around your chin and neck to keep out the cold.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:42 AM

go to a ski and snowboard store and get a head sock thats thin on the head, and thick around the neck, so the helmet fits the same but keeps neck warmer than a hanky.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:54 AM

I have to go with stamford asked for originaly, Im a smaller guy (150 lbs) and ive had textile and other non leather jackets. Snug leather is the only thing for me that dosnt feel like a parachute trying to drag me off the back of my bike. I currnetly have an icon and a joe rocket...torn between the two the joe rocket matches my bike perfect, but the icon is way more comfortable, mainly beacuse the elbow pads in the joe rocket are friggin huge!

Old 06-09-2006, 12:37 PM

i have an alpinestars ice jacket...its got zippered ventilation on both shoulders and a large one across the back plus perf leather in the under arm area and down the sides. i live in fl and have worn it while it was 90+ degrees out...ive im stuck in traffic im wishing i would die but as long as your moving the jacket is very very comfortable.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:34 PM

I have the Joe Rocket Sonic Perforated Leather jacket, and i love it...great fit, removable liner, and it breathes

Quick Reply: Need Opinions on leather jackets