Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

MotorcyclefairingsRus - 05 CBR1000RR

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MotorcyclefairingsRus - 05 CBR1000RR

So i recently ordered a set of black/silver respol fairings for my bike and here's the review for it. Initially i thought id make a detailed step by step installation review but it has been busy with work so i ended up just working for an hour or 2 every night for 3 nights to finish up. So here are just the highlights.

Purchase - I placed my order sending Stephen a private message here since the color scheme i wanted was not on their website, color scheme was do-able, sent my payment through paypal on May 30th, here comes the waiting game, or so i thought. June 6th, got a PM from Stephen with a tracking number saying it will ship in 3 days, and that there is a little mishap on the color, little too late to get re-painted cause it shipped. June 11th, got a big box!!! got it 12 days!!

Packaging - Every single piece was wrapped well. No other comments on this other than not bubble wrap, i like popping those.

Quality and Fit - Here's what ya'll are waiting for and im not going to sugar coat this. I have to say i was impressed when i saw it. Band spanking new plastic smell as soon as i unwrapped them. The paint was real good, not perfect since it does chip a little easy but its real good. Some minor issues, the left screen for the front cowling was busted and the tail cowling screens are not very solid, no problem this is an easy fix, just replaced it with my stock ones. i did find 2 little funny surprise on the washers for the tail cowling, you be the judge lol. But seriously, other than i had to heat the bolt to hold the tail light cause there's a bit of gunk on the threads, every thing fit easy, no 1" out of alignment or something like that, i there's a few holes that i needed to drill bigger, other than that, i installed the entire set by my self, i've read some that its better to have a friend to help out especially to fix some minor misalignment but i did not have any issue at all. I wouldn't say its like a showroom fit, there's some minor quirks on the plastic trims, but unless you stare at it for a while, you wouldn't notice it.

so, with out further adieu, here's some before and after pics.

Final Verdict - I honestly would say i am a little disappointed because the silver turned out to be purple. Would i order again? Most probably yes.

Last edited by Cahal; 06-18-2012 at 12:19 AM.