Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

K&N High-Flo airfilter

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N High-Flo airfilter

Price $48
Where - Paul's Cycle Shop(local)
What I think?
Well i had read so many diffrent opinons about doing this mod like yes it helps, no its a waste of money, blah blah blah[sm=icon_blah.gif]
so i said @#%@ this and did it anyway. Well i rode 107 miles today and did i notice anything?Nope, and i didnt plan to. Its a AIRFILTER not a turbo. But it did seem to make the throttle response a little better. So would i recomend it, yea it gives you a reason to fiddle with your bike, you get some neat stickers, its re-useable and you can say you have another mod. It might work better with more mods (like a powercommander) but your not gonna notice to much with just a slip-on. Hell if anything say you shaved a .oz or to b/c it does way less than the stock filter[sm=icon_rock.gif]. Well theres my in-depth research from some of the top proffesors in the world.holla

Old 01-06-2005, 04:11 AM
Default RE: K&N High-Flo airfilter

I agree with you, and whenever I sell one of these ( whether for a GSXR, CBR, Heavily Modified vibrator...) I say pretty much what you have..It is a AIR FILTER!! not a BIG BORE KIT...But like you say, it is a reason to get intimate with your bike, say that you have it, and most of all, they are a good investment since they are RE-USUABLE!!
But I do like your VERY SCIENTFIC research methods!! HA HA
( I hear that those stickers are good for an additional 5 MPH on top end!!)

Old 01-06-2005, 12:22 PM

I stick with the stock filters, thanks.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:13 PM

Damn sirlimp you figured out my secret!!!!!!hahaha yeah some of the local V6 muskrats(mustangs) think that the sticker makes them run 7's in the 1/4.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:26 PM

I got a K&N drop in. that what came with my bike (used)..... seems to work good for me.

Nipz~

P.S. If the stickers are yellow it a +10hp also

Old 01-24-2005, 01:54 AM
L8X

Hey dont sneeze at stickers. They add 5 horsepower...

Old 06-17-2005, 06:12 PM

What's Cracking!! The only way you will really notice it will be if you have a power commander hooked up. It helps it breathe easier trust me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/407/28E7A2EA528740D1A0EFB888F6EE2D0A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-17-2005, 07:02 PM

I've got a PCIII and I did notice a quicker throttle response whenI added the K&N

RF

Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 AM

I used to have a Honda Civic and after all the Chinese writing and a turbo sticker I gained at least 10 ponies. Wait til I get the NUSPEED sticker. I'll be hellafast then.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 AM

I agree with all the `its an airfilter`!! comments but have you ever took it out and rode without one?

It makes a difference, o and its only an exhaust to, and only a fueling map can`t do that much can it? And only an extra 15bhp,

my point is that although your right, it is only an airfilter, all the changes work together so you get a decent increase, pointless doing one thing which is handycapped by another, more fuel needs more air to burn clean fast and efficient.

Its a long overdue arguement that road bikes are setup for the road!!! Thats fine and dandy but we don`t all ride the same do we. Otherwise we`d have bought the honda hornet 900 or 919 as i believe its called near you.

point made................ I think.

Quick Reply: K&N High-Flo airfilter