Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Joe Rocket Gear....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Rocket Gear....

Poorly made. My gloves have minimal use on them...already the bottoms where I pull them on are shredded, and the finger tip on one is already un-stitched. I would have thought a pair of gloves that run $50ish would hold up.

Lesson learned. I think I'll go with ICON next.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaver
Poorly made. My gloves have minimal use on them...already the bottoms where I pull them on are shredded, and the finger tip on one is already un-stitched. I would have thought a pair of gloves that run $50ish would hold up.

Lesson learned. I think I'll go with ICON next.
you get what you pay for. $50 for a pair of good riding gloves is cheap regardless of brand name.

Best gloves I have had thus far is A*, and I have tried, icon, power trip (made by JR), and Teknic.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
you get what you pay for. $50 for a pair of good riding gloves is cheap regardless of brand name.

Best gloves I have had thus far is A*, and I have tried, icon, power trip (made by JR), and Teknic.
Here are the specific gloves I have. You're right...I didn't expect to get the best, or I would have paid for the best. But I've barely used these things. They should have lasted longer.

Alpinestar seems to have a good reputation. Do you have any pro's/con's for Icon? Also, what sells you on A*?

Here is a linky to what I have. It's the updated version:

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...onda_CBR_Glove

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/s...textile+gloves

Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by shaver
I'm surprised cause my leather Joe Rockets have held up nicely. I've had them over 2 full seasons, so they have thousands of miles on them and I have no complaints. I normally wear cheap fox or shift mx gloves for warm weather and only break out the JRs for cold mornings or nights.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have power trip gloves and they seem to be holding up very well. I have heard a lot about joe rocket stuff not holding up. Seems to be made cheaply and people buy it since its name is big.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the icon pursuit gloves. I love em. Have been good to me for a little over 1000 miles. Nice fit and comfy for long rides. I do wish they were a little bit longer going up my wrist though.

I also have the Joe rocket UFO 2.0 jacket. Love it also. Fits me nice and when i took my spill about a week ago back the jacket absorbed the energy well.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 AM

i have alpine bmk carbon air gloves, 40 bucks online 60 dollars in every store i have been in... they are nice

Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 AM

It also depends on what year gear model you have too. Cuz I know like Teknic for instance, has had lots of problems with stitching and seams coming apart. So they improved them. I have a Jacket and glove that I've been using for almost 2 years without any problems, and they're the same model look/design as the ones people were having problems with in the past.

I'm a bargain shopper, got my Teknic jacket for 125 and glove for 25. Still going strong.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:21 AM

i have less than 160 in all my gear

Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 PM

Ya price plays a big role my icon 9iner gloves were only like $30 and made less than 3 rides before the seams in the pinkie busted. And their relatively thin compared to my higher dollar rockets which are still kicking.

Quick Reply: Joe Rocket Gear....