Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

HOT BODIES Products-poor quality and fit.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Default HOT BODIES Products-poor quality and fit.

I have bought two products from hotbodies and BOTH were poor quality AND had the wrong size holes.There rear tire hugger for the 08 CBR1000 had too small of holes and I had to add 1/4in washers due to the honda bolts having a 1/4in shoulder.The left side didnt have anhy mounting so I had to use a strip of velcro to keep it from bouncing up and down while riding.The tinted windshield had a dull finish and the mountingholes were too small.(I ended up putting my stock windshield back on), I won't be waisting anymore of my money on there products.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:53 PM

i agree,hotbodies product sucks man. recently i bought a undertail for my cbr1000. i found out the heat resistance seem to be not enough. its getting worst when the undertail too close and almost stick with the pipe. even i stick the heat resistance its not gonna work at last my undertail muted when the pipe hot.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:00 PM

sorry not muted, MELT when pipe hot.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Default opinion

Just my 2 cents..I bought both, hugger and underail and no issues here. I installed hugger and yep had to use the velcro but when mounted, it looked pretty good. Had the undertail installed by professional and he had no big complaints. Although I would go with their screens, I'd rather go with Puig or others.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 PM

i've heard that its hit or miss with them. I personally would not buy their stuff.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 PM

I too have heard that their products can have poor fitments as well.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:48 PM

Had a set of race plastics that I got so frustrated with that I stuck 'em all back in the box and bought Attack bodywork instead.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM

I bought an undertail for my f4i and it fit great.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM

"Hit & Miss" is a correct statement about Hot Bodies products. I too purchased their windscreen. The holes didn't line up. However, in their defense, the rep I dealt w/ was extremely friendly & more than willing to make it right by overnight shipping a replacement to me. As I live reasonably close to a Cycle Gear & was going on a trip in the upcoming days, I opted to go w/ an available Puig screen...instead of taking another chance that the HB holes might/might not align again & ultimately requiring me to get a dif windscreen anyway.

I know other folks that have purchased the HB screens & they mounted right up w/o problems. Their flush mount front signals are pretty decent as well.

I believe as a company, they are working hard to get it right, at least as far as my experience w/ them goes. However, the inconvenience factor of current mis-fits & having to get replacements definitely is an irritation that they will have to overcome.

Last edited by gotcbr; 05-20-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: additional info.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:34 PM

my bike came used with the hotbodies undertail kit with the two led light pods
i dont know if the led's are just old or crappy but for my fellow riders its hard for them to see me brake i want my tail section back to stock but i hear the parts are expensive

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOT BODIES Products-poor quality and fit.

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.