Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

eBay Vendor Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default eBay Vendor Feedback

To provide the community with useful information while deciding to make a purchase on eBay, please share your experiences with eBay Sellers:

Make comments brief but informative. (quote this post, then strip the quotes and replace the text)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Seller Name: XXXXXXXX

Seller Communication:
(Excellent/Horrible/As Expected...)

Shipping Costs: (Free/Cheap/Fair/Expensive...)
Shipping Time: (Super Fast/Average/Took Forever...)

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Xxxxxxxxxx
2. Yyyyyyyyyy
3. Zzzzzzzzzz

Product Quality/Value: (Awesome Product, Heckuva Deal / Decent Product at a Decent Price / Complete Rip-off...)

Overall Impression: (Would Buy Again / Meh / Avoid Entirely...)

Last edited by regener8ed; 04-02-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 AM

Seller Name: firedragonbros2009

Seller Communication:
Good (fluent English, I think the seller is stateside)

Shipping Costs: Fair (coming from HK)
Shipping Time: Super Fast - had it in just over a week

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Rear seat cowl for 08 CBR1000RR (black)

Product Quality/Value: Quality of the product itself is very good, fit on the bike is perfect. Paint quality is less than factory, but it's only something I notice up close (and because I'm picky.) But black is hard to screw up; I'd be curious to see how other colors match up, as the paint is not factory and does not use a clear coat.

Overall Impression: I'd definitely buy again; cost me 1/4 of what a new Honda part would run. I've also noticed over the past few months that parts from this seller have increased 5-10 dollars in price.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Seller Name: auctmarts1

Seller Communication:
Communication is somewhat limited by the culture/language barrier, but adequate.

Shipping Costs: Fair (coming from HK)
Shipping Time: Too long. It took the seller over 2 weeks to actually ship my part, which made total transit time almost a month.

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Adjustable CNC Brake/Clutch levers for 2008 CBR1000RR

Product Quality/Value: Overall decent enough -- had to make a very minor modification to fit, and finish quality is good. An excellent value for the money (paid just over $20 per lever including shipping!).

Overall Impression: I chose this seller because of 1) his extensive reputation in the community, and 2) because I could custom pick my color combinations and not just take what was offered. This is a reputable eBay seller with a lot of known feedback; the responsiveness is somewhat diminished (as you'd expect from a busy seller with a culture/language barrier.) Definitely worth buying from as the deals are worth it; just don't be in a hurry for the parts.

Last edited by regener8ed; 04-16-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seller Name: jnco6x2 - AVOID AT ALL COSTS. **COUNTERFEIT ALPINESTARS SELLER**

Seller Communication:
Excellent, but doesn't matter. Guy is selling fake safety gear.

Shipping Costs: Fair, $9. Doesn't matter. Guy is selling fake safety gear.
Shipping Time: Fast. Doesn't matter. Guy is selling fake safety gear.

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Alpinestars GP Pro Gloves - Size L

Product Quality/Value: COUNTERFEIT!!!

Overall Impression: Avoid Entirely. I was bored and searched eBay for some A* gloves and saw his listing at $160 for a $230 set of gloves. I'm thinking, "too good to be true?" He had 99% ~195 feedback and has been a eBay seller since January 2010 in the USA, more than a year. He had a return policy of 7 days. I figured, "why not? Maybe I'll get lucky." My first stupid mistake was not asking for pictures. I offered $120, and he accepted the offer price. I became even more skeptical. The gloves arrive. My hunch was right. Mother ****er.

I email him immediately for a return and refund, but he refuses to refund me the shipping costs. I buy counterfeit gloves and get ripped off the extra $9? I think not. I claim that the gloves are counterfeit and threaten to report to eBay and PayPal for selling counterfeit products (I did it anyway) unless he also refunds me the shipping costs. He easily obliges: "I assure you i had no knowledge that the gloves might be counterfeit. Thank you for notifying me. I will be investigating this issue with my supplier to try to get to the root of the problem." Bull ****, you lying *******. I get my refund. No surprise, the loser lists the gloves back for sale on eBay (I know I bought the last pair of red size large). At the moment he's sold many pairs of A* GP Pro and A* GP Plus gloves to ignorant unsuspecting buyers.

So, buy your gear from authorized dealers or someone you trust 100%. I learned my lesson. Not worth saving a few bucks.

Pics and longer review at: eBay seller: jnco6x2 *counterfeit gear* - MotoHouston.com

Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Seller Name: emgear

Seller Communication:
Super-quick emails with order confirmation and shipping info.

Shipping Costs: Cheap
Shipping Time: One day. ONE DAY and it was on my doorstep.

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Front & Rear Stands

Product Quality/Value: Product quality is very decent -- not quite race pit standard, but certainly good enough for storage and maintenance.

Overall Impression: This was one of the best and easiest ebay transactions I've ever had, and I've had a few. A set of nice front & rear stands were $85 delivered, so the price was definitely right. I wish every ebay deal went this smoothly, and I'll be looking for a reason to buy something else from this seller.

Seller also has website, use discount code: WEBBUY for 10% discount off site purchases!

Last edited by regener8ed; 05-24-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM

Seller Name: 303cycle_usa

Seller Communication:
Excellent. Seller sent wrong item, but quickly fixed the problem at no cost to me!

Shipping Costs: Free
Shipping Time: Super Fast

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Replacement Icon Airframe Headliner and Cheek pads

Product Quality/Value: Brand new condition without original packaging. Amazing deal, 50% off.

Overall Impression: One of the best experiences I have had with an Ebay vendor so far in resolving an issue. I ordered the new pads for my helmet and they arrived two days later. However, they sent me two sets of pads, one was a random set that did not fit my helmet, and the other was the set I ordered, but they also did not fit and did not match the shape of my current Airframe pads. The seller had clearly mislabeled them in the post. I emailed the seller about the issue and they responded in just a couple of hours. They apologized for the mix up, informed me of what other color options they had available in my size for my helmet, sent me a free return shipping label, and shipped out the correct pads the same day.

For an honest mix up by the seller, I could not be happier with how they handled the situation. I still got a great deal and still had my new pads within a week of ordering them.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a couple that I dealt with on my rebuild project:

Seller Name: dormousesleep

Seller Communication: Excellent

Shipping Time: Average from overseas (UK)

Item Purchased: F4i racing (keyless) gas cap.

Product Quality/Value: This seems to be good quality, though I haven't had a chance to actually use it yet. To note, it does not come with a set of mounting screws. The price was average (approx $30) for a stateside retailer, but I didn't see any stateside sellers of this particular design. One I found this morning is selling the cap for $70.

Overall Impression: The communication was great, the seller very friendly. I would buy from him again.

Seller Name: running2010

Seller Communication: As expected

Shipping Costs: $5.90
Shipping Time: Quite quick (~1 week) from overseas (HK)

Item Purchased: MotoGP tank protector

Product Quality/Value: I'm not sure yet. My last tank protector was like a sticker with a clear coating on it. This is more like raised rubber. The adhesive on the back seems like it might come off of the rubber tank protector proper, but perhaps once it's on the tank it'll settle. The pad itself has a few minor defects where the rubber bled onto what should be another color, but nothing drastic. For 1 cent for the protector proper, the whole protector was less than $6 shipped, so I can't complain too much.

Overall Impression: I probably would have bought this, even knowing that it was rubber instead of a decal. If you're in the market for a protector, and want one like this, I wouldn't hesitate to order.

Seller Name: hkdrpro

Seller Communication: As expected

Shipping Time: Quite quick (~1 week) from overseas (HK)

Item Purchased: Shorty Levers

Product Quality/Value: These seem to be comparable to other HK shorty levers. At $56 for the brake and the clutch lever, they're a cheap, effective upgrade. No visible defects at the time of purchase.

Overall Impression: If I had to order levers again, I'd certainly order from this guy. Maybe my quick shipping was a fluke, but while some people waited for a month to get their levers from other sellers, I had mine in 7 days, including the weekend. Very happy.

Two other ebay sellers deserve a note, though they don't fit into the format of reviews here. Auto-sky and motofairingsinc both quickly and painlessly refunded my money when I made a mistake ordering. There was no hassle, just quick, excellent customer service. I ordered the correct HIDs from auto-sky after cancelling the wrong order, and will review those when they come. I did not order another undertail from motofairingsinc, but if the customer service on a cancellation is any indication, I wouldn't hesitate to order from him in the future.

Last edited by vegas_rebel; 06-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Thumbs down Beware!! Avoid!!!

Seller Name: LANESPLITTER

Seller Communication: Slow, Evasive, worthless

Shipping Costs: FREE

Shipping Time: UNKNOWN

Item(s) Purchased:
Honda CBR600RR 07-10 Exhaust CBR600 RR 08 09 CBR 600RR | eBay

Product Quality/Value: Decent Price but claims "LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE". Has a Best Offers Accepted in item description, but no "submit best offer" button. I e-mailed for the auction above for my neighbor who was looking for Two Bros exhaust for his 08 600 RR. I asked if he beats competitors prices to which he stated "Yes, on like item and in the same condition." So I sent him the other auction. He replied it was too low. (exact same product, $75 cheaper, New In Box just like his, free shipping, from an actual eBay store like him.) I replied back to him asking if he honors his lowest price guarantee or if he is just all talk. He waited until the auction had ended (competitors auction, 3 days later) to write back to me and say "auction has ended, sorry." So I called the number on his auction and he proceeded to give me the run around.

*I didn't actually buy anything, but he advertised Lowest Price Guarantee and said he will beat/meet any competitors price on same item in same condition." To which he did not live up to his guarantee. HE FAILED IN MY OPINION!

Overall Impression: Would not attempt to do any business, EVER!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 PM

Seller Name: RIDERSDISCOUNT

Seller Communication: Excellent

Shipping Costs: FREE

Shipping Time: 2 days from door to door BUT took 6 days from date of purchase to put in mail.

Item(s) Purchased:
GALINDO SUPER BIKE PRO GRIPS 7/8 IN BLACK SPORT/STREET | eBay

Product Quality/Value: Excellent grips. Did have a slight issue. package did not come with spacers as advertised, contacted seller, IMMEDIATELY shipped spacers, received 2 days. Only bad thing is paid for it on 17-AUG-2011 and it didn't ship until 23-AUG-2011. It was a weekend but seriously.. 6 days to ship. After shipment received in 2 days, other than that it was product as described.

Overall Impression: Excellent communication, good product, is issues arise seller was quick to correct/make right. Will do business again.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 PM

Seller Name: EZMoto

Seller Communication:
Decent

Shipping Costs: Free!!!
Shipping Time: Pretty quick, for HK

Item(s) Purchased:
1. Rear seat cowl for 08 CBR1000RR (black)

Product Quality/Value: I've bought other Hong Kong cowls of better quality; this one takes some work to fit properly. The paint has some blemishes (trapped lint) which is really only visible upon close inspection.

Overall Impression: This purchase was entirely about value -- a new, painted seat cowl for under $30 shipped? Totally.

Quick Reply: eBay Vendor Feedback