Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

Does anyone here use any type of communication system? I see the Chatterbox stuff everywhere but I was thinking of getting one from here www.collettcommunicators.com/or here www.autocomamerica.com. Any of you ever try these? They seem good...but really pricey.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Default RE: COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS

So NOBODY has a communication system???
I'm looking to buy one soon, someone please help!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 AM

Look at your audience bub, it might be better to look on Harley or Goldwing websites, you just aren't cool if you don't have one.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:36 PM

my wife and i have chatterboxes and are happy with them. the thing you must keep in mind is that the wind noise generated at higher speeds make any comm. system unusable.(06 cbr 1000 & 07 triumph 675, not harleys as implied in the previous post)

Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im looking at getting one myself...the only one I was told to go with was autocom, the chatterbox from what Im told is crap.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM

I use the autocom system and I absolutely love it. It is far supeior than the chatterbox system in that you can add more and do more with the autocom. It is a little confusing when it comes to ordering your system, but if you decide to go with it hit me up and I'll give you some pointers.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:02 AM

We just use hand signals or flash our high beams if we need to communicate with others in our group....

Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 AM

Skubysnak,
That's great, but too much effort. I just open my mouth and talk. lol Same when my phone rings, I just talk. No need to pull over then take off my helmet then make the call then put my gear back on and start to ride again.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 AM

so what autocomm product do you have Rumble? Could u just throw out some general pointers in terms of what to look for when buying a comm system and some things u've learned from trying diff ones/ ur Xp

Old 03-14-2008, 11:43 AM

The system that I have is the active plus duo. It has the helmet setup for two helmets. Rider to passenger communication ability, mp3 player hookup, phone hookup, radar hookup, gps with voice nav hookup. I also have the bike to bike communication add on. With the voice nav the directions come through the headset in the helmet. The music also auto mutes by 50% when someone talks or the phone rings. I use the defaultVOX setup but you can get aPTT button to mount on the bike.

The Autocom is more exspensive than the chatterbox, but I have found that I can always hear my music and other people with the autocom. When I had the chatterbox and got to about 80mph I couldnt hear anything. With the autocom I have been flying down the road, wouldn't reccomend it, at over 100 mph and heard everything crystal clear. In fact I got a call while at about 110 and they said other than the fact that it sounded like I was in the bathroom they couldnt tell I was on the bike.

Quick Reply: COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS