CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Cheapest BOOTS I have ever seen! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/cheapest-boots-i-have-ever-seen-69050/)

Onarom 05-13-2008 11:21 PM

Cheapest BOOTS I have ever seen!

3 Attachment(s)
Seriously- have you ever seen boots for $55 shipped? Check out this site <click here>

I couldn't hep but give them a try and I was plesently surprised. The boots sizing were accurate (the size was the same as my Nike's) and they were relatively comfortable. They are not tennis shoes, but I had no complaints after walking around for a while in them when I met my wife for lunch.

These are GREAT boots for the price.

Attachment 72403

about the only thing I could complain about was that I don't like the white stitching, so behold the power of a magic marker (the boot on the right)

Attachment 72404

I like the carbon fiber effects, but I am not a fan of thet white and black checkerbox design next to the carbon fiber. Oh well...

Attachment 72405

If you don't have boots, then give these a try. There are better boots out there, but you will have to spend a heck of a lot more money to get them.

Onarom 05-14-2008 12:55 AM

RE: Cheapest BOOTS I have ever seen!

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I just couldn't seem to stop... Sharpie FTW!

Attachment 72400

Attachment 72401

Shampue 05-14-2008 09:55 AM

I've been looking for a pair for a while now... I may have to give these a try, ty for the link

redzintimidator 05-14-2008 10:49 AM

wow..i might have to give those a look see..its better than paying a couple hundred for the pair of alpinestars i was going to get:D

Illushun 05-14-2008 11:32 AM

I'll vouch for the vega brand. I am on my second pair of the techsport boots. They are extremely comfortable and have good protection. Better than regular boots. By the way, I still have my first pair, I just had to put some colored shoe goop around the sole. I have had my first pair for 4 years and still a great boot. My second pair I use for when I go to track. Great boots for the price. I've had the a-star smx and the smx plus... I like these better.

flashman 06-15-2008 10:37 PM

I just bought the boots, hopefully for the price they will be as good as you two have said they will be. I bought an 11 because they dont have 10 1/2 so I dont think that will be a problem.

Onarom 06-18-2008 09:38 PM

You can't even buy a decent pair of sneakers for that price.

I like the boots...still. I drove from Birmingham, AL to the tail of the dragon for the weekend (and back) and the boots did well. They got a little warm, but I guess that is expected. I never had a comfort issue with the boots.

My lower back, however, was killing me after 800+ miles in one weekend!

Overall, for the money, I still highly recommend these boots. If I had an extra $300, then I probably would have gone with something else.

Flashman, let us know how you like them.

ZRX1 06-18-2008 10:01 PM

Onarom,

I have a pair of them this will be the second season on them and the are comfortable, no problems when waling around them either.

The only thing I lost was one of the screws that hold the toe guard in and the dealer replace it no problems. I did go back home and reinstalled all of the screws with blue locktite no mopre problems!!!!!

All in all damn nice boot for the $$$$$$

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

camaro_forums 06-19-2008 04:14 AM

Thanks man! I've been looking for a pair that was cheaper than 300 bucks. I'm going to give these a try

flashman 06-19-2008 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Onarom

You can't even buy a decent pair of sneakers for that price.

I like the boots...still. I drove from Birmingham, AL to the tail of the dragon for the weekend (and back) and the boots did well. They got a little warm, but I guess that is expected. I never had a comfort issue with the boots.

My lower back, however, was killing me after 800+ miles in one weekend!

Overall, for the money, I still highly recommend these boots. If I had an extra $300, then I probably would have gone with something else.

Flashman, let us know how you like them.
I will, UPS says they will be here tomorrow so all weekend I will be trying them out. Glad you still like yours! Now I bought the 11 because I am a usually a 10 1/2 so I dont think that will be a major issue. I wear my shoes larger anyway so we will see.

Lone Ryder79 06-20-2008 11:04 AM

I like the sharpie idea....LOL!
They look a lot better now, that's it's all black.
I might have to check them out.
Thanks

smokin2k 06-20-2008 01:20 PM

I bought a pair of these almost 2 years ago and even though I don't wear them that much they are good quality boots for that price. If you aren't looking to spend too much on a pair these are ones to consider.

flashman 06-21-2008 01:31 AM

So far I like the boots. I got mine slightly larger since they dont offer 1/2 sizes. I got the 11 and it is a half size to large. So they do fit pretty much true to size. It is comfortable even being large. My only draw back is the top of the boot is rather larger so if you dont tuck your pants inside the boot it will be wide open. That leads to needing long socks or tucking your pants in to keep it from rubbing on your leg. Not to much of a bother just enough to notice when you walk. Walking isnt bad either, so I have to say I am pleased with the boots for the price.

camaro_forums 06-21-2008 04:10 AM

Sweet I'm looking forward to them. Never had riding boots before. 61.20 shipped. Should be here next Tuesday

Brandon77 06-23-2008 12:04 PM

hmmmmmm, looks like a good deal

shoortbuss 06-24-2008 07:16 AM

Nice find...just ordered mine.

camaro_forums 06-24-2008 11:35 PM

Awesome. I got them today. Spent about an hour in them riding. I've never had boots before so I don't know what I'm supposed to say except these things make you ride way different. I can basically reach flat footed now, and it feels very comforting knowing I'll have foot and ankle protection if I go down. Werd, get the things...you'll be glad you did

toptaz1000rr 10-11-2008 06:21 PM

i had a pair... after 2 track days the zipper broke .. called the company and the CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS... basically told me for the price what do you expect A*'s... (i swear)

you get what you pay for ... now i have a set of supertech A*'s... and i forget i have them on they are like slippers... and have great ankle protection as well

Xuracing 10-21-2008 12:39 AM

damn! i am a 12.5 they only have 12. maybe i just need to cut my toes off and i can get a set of these!