Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Bluetooth Intercom

  #1  
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Default Bluetooth Intercom

Hi all - I was hoping someone could help me out with a recommendation. I'm looking for a good bluetooth/wireless intercom set that I can use with my 2000 F4.
It will pretty much just be used between me and my passenger. I don't want to have to push anything to talk, and I would prefer, if there is anything good out there, to not have a boom microphone but rather to have a microphone that installs inside the helmet (my wife and I both have full-face helmets). I was originally looking at the Scala Q2 Multi-set, but it appears to only have a boom microphone and it seems that might get in the way when I am riding by myself and have no need for it.

I would rather not break the bank trying to buy this, but I realize that they will be expensive to get what I want. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
 
  #2  
Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,292
Default

I have the Scala Rider Teamset Pro. I originally got it to communicate with my passenger but I've found that it is handy for cell phone calls, too, whether dialing or receiving hands-free. It does come with a boom microphone but is is flat and fits pretty well inside my full-face helmet without being in the way.

I did a lot of Google seaching and found one place that was selling them for under $150 last fall for the pair.
 
  #3  
Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Thanks for the info! I actually ride by myself about 85% of the time, but it would be nice to be able to talk with my wife the other 15% of the time. Glad to hear that the microphone doesn't really get in the way too much.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ramairglenn
Product Reviews
1
04-05-2013 09:56 PM
dray0n
Product Reviews
10
04-13-2012 05:43 PM
fvaldez03
Product Reviews
0
03-19-2011 02:41 PM
fvaldez03
F4i - Main Forum
1
03-17-2011 11:08 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth Intercom


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.