Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Bluetooth Intercom

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Intercom

Hi all - I was hoping someone could help me out with a recommendation. I'm looking for a good bluetooth/wireless intercom set that I can use with my 2000 F4.
It will pretty much just be used between me and my passenger. I don't want to have to push anything to talk, and I would prefer, if there is anything good out there, to not have a boom microphone but rather to have a microphone that installs inside the helmet (my wife and I both have full-face helmets). I was originally looking at the Scala Q2 Multi-set, but it appears to only have a boom microphone and it seems that might get in the way when I am riding by myself and have no need for it.

I would rather not break the bank trying to buy this, but I realize that they will be expensive to get what I want. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Scala Rider Teamset Pro. I originally got it to communicate with my passenger but I've found that it is handy for cell phone calls, too, whether dialing or receiving hands-free. It does come with a boom microphone but is is flat and fits pretty well inside my full-face helmet without being in the way.

I did a lot of Google seaching and found one place that was selling them for under $150 last fall for the pair.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! I actually ride by myself about 85% of the time, but it would be nice to be able to talk with my wife the other 15% of the time. Glad to hear that the microphone doesn't really get in the way too much.