Can you get a 250 RR in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I do not know where in NJ/NY you could buy one. I live in Canada (Ontario to be specific). There is a couple importers here in Toronto that bring them in. You would have to try doing a search in your area. I'm sure someone brings them in.

I bought mine from Nuak Imports in Toronto, ON (Canada). He brings in all sorts of things: VFR400's, CBR250's, CBR400's, NSR250's etc.

The only major common problem that I've run into with these CBR250's is fueling issues. The tanks can rust, and on almost every single one the carbs needed a full cleaning and tune up. They wouldn't run until they were cleaned. There is no cam chain tensioner or anything, its all gear driven timing so there is no adjustments or issues there. The valves are shims over buckets so its pretty easy for any shop to do your adjustment. Overall, Fantastic bike.

Good luck finding one!

I'm apart of a small forum here in Ontario for local import bike (mostly CBR250) owners, join up and read some stuff. We have great sources for parts and some really handy folks who might be able to help you out.

http://jdmbike.muux.org