Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

A Soldier's dirty old CB650 NiteHawk

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, man. Hell of a job!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoyed my last day off today. Took a 60 mile ride with Dale on his CB600 and me on the FZ1. The point was to go hit spots that had a decent summer weight riding jacket for him. The Nitehawk ran fine. No issues to speak of. He did miss a gear in some LOW speed traffic once, but thats it. He said seeing me and the wife all geared up made him think and he had to get some stuff as his funds permited. He still needs gloves ansd wants some up-armored jeans when he can swing it. He ended up with this Shift Backdraft mesh w liner & a day visor for his HJC lid...

Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice !
Will go well with the bike and helmet colours - some kevlar jeans should just about do it, and a pair of gloves and some boots when he can swing it..............
Damn - that's one great looking bike - anyone would be proud to own her.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Banned

**** hot

Old 06-22-2010, 07:05 AM

sweet build, the owner should be super happy, best lookin nitehawk, ive seen...

Old 06-22-2010, 10:54 AM

All I ever got was thank you for your service. Wish I lived next to you

Are the pants really worth that much?

Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
Nice !
Will go well with the bike and helmet colours - some kevlar jeans should just about do it, and a pair of gloves and some boots when he can swing it..............
Damn - that's one great looking bike - anyone would be proud to own her.
He has his eye on a pair of armored gloves that are intended for military use that will pull double duty for the bike and his last 6 months in the national guard. he is wearing one of his pair of desert boots and they are prety tough and should fit the bill.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by bammerman
All I ever got was thank you for your service. Wish I lived next to you

Are the pants really worth that much?
I'm a sucker, I did 8 years active and 8 years reserve and guard time, ended teaching Snipers as I got "too old" per my commanders. I still see young soldiers as people I'm supposed to help out and lead by example. Another part of that is that my oldest daughter ships for active duty this comming Tuesday...May be picking her up a bike this friday and building it for her so she has it when she gets to a duty station.
As par as the pants go, I have never "tested" my pair yet. I know for a fact that a pair of levi's turn to taddered thread damn fast on pavement. You can find Icon Recon pants for about $80, cheiper if you e-bay. Several other outfits are making them too. I figure if they last 10% longer dragging over the road then the regular ones, that's 10% more skin left on my knees and ***.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by fazer1sniper
I'm a sucker, I did 8 years active and 8 years reserve and guard time, ended teaching Snipers as I got "too old" per my commanders.
Ah sniper school and the dreaded soldier who can't go reptile and things hiding behind a tree will hide him. That **** is always funny to watch. Then you point out to him if I am 100 yards away I might not see you unless I take a step left or right and then oh their you are

Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Default Nice Build

Very Sweet!! Something he will never forget, I am sure of it. Like others have said, I wish I had neighbors like you. My Dad is retired Air Force, so I have a soft spot for military too. I just wish I would have done my part when I could have. Pushing 40 now, so I don't think it will work. Anyway, you have my support and admiration. Hope that means something in the end.

Quick Reply: A Soldier's dirty old CB650 NiteHawk