Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Passenger ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger ?

Do you like to ride with a passenger or rather ride alone ? why, why not....[sm=roll.gif]

Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Passenger ?

That's too easy of a question to answer. Definately alone. Riding with another RIDER is awesome, but a passenger is a totally different story. I would much rather leave the girlfriend at home when possible, or make her drive separately even. I hate hearing them bi%ch about the backseat. "I will NEVER have to ride there, so I dont care, dont ride on it next time then" is what I tell any passenger. Occassionally is fine, but most definately alone is preferred.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:32 AM

I tried it for the first time yesterday...We couldn't really figure it out because it was Very uncomfortable for both of us....I had all of her weight on me and my hands were hurting because I was holding up her and my weight so it was killing my palms.
Everytime I let off of the throttle she slid forward and was pretty much in the same seat.
I felt like I was giving a piggy back ride. She was trying to hold herself up by reaching around me and placing her hands on the tank in "push up" position.

Should I have her sit up straighter and off of me or what????

Old 03-10-2008, 11:35 AM

Have her hold half of her weight in push up position on the tank, and lay half of her weight against you for support, thats how I always carry a passenger, works the best. But still- leave them at home if at all possible, dont have to worry about them bi%chin about their arms being sore, or their a$$ for that matter, and its alot easier to maneuver without them too.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM

lol...yeah ur right what helps is basically "the push up" position. If the passenger puts their palms/hands closer together on the outer edge of the tank, apply just a little support on ur back for balance, this should work. Again, this person has to these two techniques for it to work and when it comes to stopped, this passenger should also be taught to use the tank in order not to press hard on your back. Using the tank a suport also preevnts them from bumping their helmets against yours thus not hearing/feeling "bang, clank, clunk"...lol

Also technique is also tell the passenger to use the back pegs..its amazing how they can also use the pegs to push away from bumping into you.

Anytime I carry a passenger, this is what I tell them to do and it works like a champ..

It also helps a lot too if the passenger doesnt weigh 400lbs..too

Again, if the passenger often rides then this soreness if not an issue, if the passenger rides once, twice a year then if pretty obvious that there is gonna be soreness. Just think about it, if you dont ride for a while and then ride arent you gonna be sore???

When I ride my wifee, no complaints whatsoever...with the above techniques..

Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 PM

I like to be solo on the bike. I don't like being restrickted in my riding style and I don't like having someone elses life in my hands. If the girl is small and light it's not to bad, but if she is a taller thicker girl is can get combersome to deal with. I say if you want to ride with me then get your own bike.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:47 PM

I prefer riding solo, because of the weight issue but more importantly because having my wife (or anyone else) on the back would inhibit my riding.

Took my brother on the back many years ago on my CBR6. He is one big bugger and stupid as well come to think of it (he put HIS feet down at the lights and I did not know....!)

Old 03-10-2008, 01:55 PM

Uhh.... read what your maximum weight is for your bike, and then do NOT exceed that weight. Weight really becomes an issue with any passenger, but if you exceed the limit, it DOES effect handling/stopping, so careful. My limit on my 954 is something around 350lbs I believe, so subtract my 170 and I will not take anyone as a passenger if they weigh more than 150 lbs. No woman on the back of my bike better weigh more than that anyway!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM

.....flogger..that was some funny ****..putting the feet on the lights... never heard of that one.. and second Anderon ur right gotta check that weight limit..as any other weight even ie: helmets attached to the back can affect countersteering effects..

But over 150lbs ur right is not a good thing.......maybe 100 to 125 lbs. is ideal...

I ride both solo or sometimes with wifee and its amazing how it feels as though I m riding solo...

But it helps that she used to ride an R6....lol

Old 03-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

it all depends on the passenger.. i have had girls that know how to ride.. it was like riding alone but with a little less power... then ihave had passengers that it's like hell.. i had one chick i took across the city and i wanted to kick her off after the second turn! be wise.. if you dont know somone make sure they knwo how to ride.. weight is a issue but i had smaller girls give me more of a problem then girls that weight a little more

Quick Reply: Passenger ?